Menu

A/T honda

• Creator
    Topic
    baylenbaylen
    Participant

Trans broke (casing). Leaked all trans fluid. Had to keep engine running. Would the internals be good still?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      dreamer2355dreamer2355
      Participant

How did the transmission casing break? Did all the transmission fluid leak out of the broken part of the case or from another area?

The trans will need to be taken apart anyhow to replace the case. And if i ran without fluid, you wont know if there is any damage done till you inspect each part.

EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
        Keymaster

My question is also how did it happen? if it suffered external damage that’s one thing but if it happened because of an internal failure then I would just replace the trans. As stated above your going to have to take it apart in order to repair it anyway. Tricky problem really because it also depends on wher it was damaged on the case.

baylenbaylen
          Participant

Quoted From EricTheCarGuy:

My question is also how did it happen? if it suffered external damage that’s one thing but if it happened because of an internal failure then I would just replace the trans. As stated above your going to have to take it apart in order to repair it anyway. Tricky problem really because it also depends on wher it was damaged on the case.

My trans broke when I hit a rock on a trail but it hit the front by the dipstick. I didn’t realize the hand sized rock did any damage until I gave it some gas and nothing. Trans ran smooth until that. What I was thinking on doing was just getting another one from a junkyard & calling it good.

pcmdjasonpcmdjason
            Participant

I ripped a hole in the pan on my old Dodge Stratus and it dumped everything out. I just put a new pan on and refilled with fluid and was back in business.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Loading…