Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Abs module/pump replaced part needs recoding?

Abs module/pump replaced part needs recoding?

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Abs module/pump replaced part needs recoding?

• Creator
    Topic
    AlexandrosAlexandros
    Participant

Hello, i have a 2005 saab 93 linear auto, and i had the abs, traction, stabilit, brake lights on. I watched eric’s video about sending to bba reman my abs module/pump to fix it. I send it but They couldnt fix mine so i order a used one on ebay that has the same numbers with mine. My question is, the part that i bought on ebay and just put it on my car will need recoding in order to work and erase the lights on my dash? If yes, any estimate? The lights will erase immidiately or i have to erase them using a scanner, or driving few miles and they will be erased?
      Thanks

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      college mancollege man

According to BBA Reman. The codes should clear after driving.
        The bad news is you will have to have the module recoded. I would
        imagine at least an hour labor.

AlexandrosAlexandros
        Participant

Put it on this morning and bleed the brakes. Lights are still on and abs doesnt work. How many miles should i drive? If the light come off after driving the abs will work? Maybe the replacement part is not good either?

AlexandrosAlexandros
          Participant

Recoding will make abs work or just erase the lights?

college mancollege man

[quote=”Demerginho” post=102520]Recoding will make abs work or just erase the lights?[/quote]

If the module you got is good. The recode will make the car recognize the
              module to work. Try disconnecting the negative cable for aprox 15 minutes
              to clear any codes. see if the light comes back. I believe it will.

AlexandrosAlexandros
              Participant

So your suggestion is to go to a saab mechanic for recoding?

college mancollege man

[quote=”Demerginho” post=102570]So your suggestion is to go to a saab mechanic for recoding?[/quote]

Yes that would be the next step.

richiepearcerichiepearce
                  Participant

You need to make sure that this unit can be re coded, some can only be coded once.

AlexandrosAlexandros
                    Participant

How can i make sure that my module can be re coded?

richiepearcerichiepearce
                      Participant

you will need a dealer or good indipendant with tech2 to hook up to your vehicle.
                        Although thinking about it was the fault with the pump block or the controller?
                        If it is the pump block then you can swap your original controller to the new block and therefore will not need to be recoded.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      Loading…