Menu

AC Compressor not getting power 95 Accord

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here AC Compressor not getting power 95 Accord

• Creator
    Topic
    Michael ManleyMichael Manley
    Participant

Hello I have a 1995 Honda Accord EX with 200,525 miles on it. The AC Compressor is not getting power.

I think i pinpointed the issue but I’m wondering if its fixable or might have to replace the harness. The Car acts as such when the AC is on (RPM’s rise, all fans turn on) The computer is showing command to the AC Clutch (as shown by AC Switch, and AC Clutch being on using a Honda Scantool) but not starting the compressor.

I directly engaged the clutch and it engaged so it must be an issue to the relay and the relay is showing on the coil side 8V from the wires. Isn’t it spoce to show 12V?

I am thinking of replacing the harness but from what i seen is its own harness but on my car it looks part of the drivers side engine harness, if it is how hard is it to replace?

Would this be a right call due to it looks like someone repaired it but not correctly (it had wire nuts before) and maybe the wires got damaged internally and is causing more resistance? Or should i look at other things. I don’t think its the switch due to the compressor fan coming on and the ECU commanding what normally happens to prep for the compressor.

Viewing 2 replies - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      AllanAllan
      Participant

great.. now you can cool down 😉

twiggytwiggy
        Participant

Good work………

Viewing 2 replies - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Loading…