Menu

ACCORD 01COUP

Tagged: 

• Creator
    Topic
    Michael AnthonyMichael Anthony
    Participant

Hello all, I just recently installed a new motor from Japan f20b, I spent countless hours on the installation. My problem is electrical and this thing starting.. I changed the ecu computers and the fuel pump pins a15/a16 I believe and created a harness to extend the cranksensor wires a few feet to accommodate the plug.

After a few months in the garage in starting to give up all hope… I continusly search forums with little to no information about the topic, just other like myself pleading for help

Any experts is appreciated. I can Google pay or vendmo for accurate information

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Participant

I forgot to add that the vehicle turns over, sparkplugs are new as well.

My sources so far that is somewhat helpful is this video https://youtu.be/e5CFrPzLzzs it’s hard to understand and incomplete information

And the forum the individual was talking about
        https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-accord-1990-2002-2/1999-accord-ex-f20b-swap-3163410/

I may be slightly confused or inexperienced with the technical jargon that’s used

A translation into begginer mechanic

Reid NelsonReid Nelson
        Participant

I suppose I have a few questions to start, the first being have you checked the so called basics?
          I would first check all the systems the engine needs to run… does it have spark, good fuel being supplied, compression, and good timing? If the engine doesn’t have one of these things then you need to figure out why. I’m a bit confused on your phrasing but are you having a problem with the fuel getting to the engine? Im not quite sure what you mean when you say you “extended the crankshaft position plug”.
          Please elaborate and I will try and help you further.

Participant

Reid thank you for your time,

The engine should have spark, the plugs / plug harness has Been replaced. Fluids have been replaced and filled with a new fuel pump.

To expand on the extended Crankshaft statement the distributor came with a 8 pin connector while the factory harness had a 4 pin. I made a few purchases on the rockauto site for similar parts with the appropriate connector and created a clean way rather than cutting into the harness. The remaining 4 pins were extended from the rear bottom right hand side sensor of the motor to the distributor. In an attempt to not butcher the stock wiring harness and its location.

Another gentleman who is familiar claimed it was a wiring issue with my computer and sensors.

The distributor being the only sensor / connecter I modified

I believe I may have overlooked something

Again grateful for your time Reid

Participant

As for the timing and compression, the company I purchased the motor from said they did a compression test. And I did not attempt to mess with timing or timing belt.. I feel I’m not that experienced on that part of the motor

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Loading…