Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Acura CL type S 6spd passenger wheel has a lot of rotational play.

Acura CL type S 6spd passenger wheel has a lot of rotational play.

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Acura CL type S 6spd passenger wheel has a lot of rotational play.

• Creator
    Topic
    William WilhelmWilliam Wilhelm
    Participant

Hi Eric (and his ilk), I’m the quite odd owner of an Acura CL type S 6spd that I love dearly. During a session of hooning it up at the local Dollar General I hit a nasty pothole that caused my passenger wheel to have a bit of play in it back and forth rotationally, as if something inside the axle or something got gapped. I jacked it up and shook everything on both sides from all directions. Nothing is loose but the rotation. It ticks back and forth about half an inch before turning backwards or forwards with the transmission and is quite annoying while driving.
      Could this be the CV Axle? I’ve kind of narrowed it down to really being the only actual culprit that could be the cause unless my transmission is jacked up but if that’s the case, just pour one out for the last CL type S 6spd in Richmond I guess.
      The other side has a small skip as well but it’s only a tiny bit so I guess it’s fine? Sorry, I don’t know much about these sorts of things so I figured I’d ask you folk to sort of gauge just how serious this could be. I tend to overreact with my car.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Loading…