Menu

adjusting halo projector headlights

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here adjusting halo projector headlights

• Creator
    Topic
    stuartstuart
    Participant

hey people. its been awhile since my last visit. hope everyone is doing ok. i just bought a “new-to-me” 2003 dodge ram 1500 quad cab with a 5.7 hemi, and im having a problem with the headlights. although i love this truck, i’ve already had and have to make some major repairs. i’ve already put on new front brake rotors and pads and the left front hub bearing, i still have to replace almost the entire front suspension, IE: inner/outer tie rods, both upper and lower ball joints, and sway bar links, but back to the headlights. how do i go about adjusting them so the left low beam isn’t pointing down to the ground in front of the truck. is there an adjustment on them somewhere? the PO swapped out the OEM for the halos and they look really nice, but they are very far out of adjustment. below is a couple of pics of my new truck.

if anyone can tell me how to correct this please let me know.

thanks,

stuart.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
      Participant

This should answer your question:

stuartstuart
        Participant

Hey nightflyr, that would work except my truck’s headlights have been replaced with the halo projector euro style bulbs. the are just ittie bittie little bulbs, but who ever installed the entire unit never bothered to adjust them. my low beam is pointing almost down to the ground in front of the truck and i don’t know how to adjust it up.

Participant

I’m a bit confused here..
            You say the your truck’s headlights have been replaced with the halo projector euro style bulbs.
            If I understand this correctly, the head light housings themselves should still be the originals and adjustable as shown in the video.
            What exactly am I missing?
            If the entire headlight assembly was replaced the replacement should still adjust the same as the OEM

stuartstuart
            Participant

hey nightflyr, im sorry, my bad. what i meant to say is that the entire headlight assemblies have been replaced with new lenses and halo bulbs. below is a photo of what they look like. someone wired them in ok, but i can’t figure how to adjust the low beam so it beams out farther instead of beaming straight down in front of the truck.

stuart.

Attachments:
              Participant

a couple of possibilities:
                First..
                The bulb or lens is not installed and seated correctly in the headlight housing causing it to aim low.
                In which case you’ll need to remove the entire headlight housing to check and correct the bulb or lens installation.
                Then the adjusting would be the same as the original.

Second..
                The head light housing itself is not installed correctly.

Third: (and don’t take offense please )
                The headlight housing (aftermarket) maybe be cheaply made or poor fitting for your vehicle.

Just going by the picture you posted.
                The headlight housing doesn’t appear to fit the lines of the bumper very well, the lower curve of the lens does not match the lower curve of the bumper.
                Also why is there aluminum tape on the light.

Was this truck in any front end accident?

stuartstuart
                Participant

No offence taken. i just bought this truck last month and the low beam was already aiming low and it burned out about a week ago so I had to replace the bulb. The reason for the tape is because while I was trying to remove the housing to change the bulb, I accidently broke the one bolt that holds the outer part of the housing onto the support brace and used the aluminum tape in order to hold it tightly against the body. I have no idea who installed them or what brand of euro type housing it is. The right headlight housing is exactly the same as the left side as for fitment goes.

Participant

With out seeing how a original head light housing fits it will be difficult to tell exactly where the issue is.
                    I assume both low beams are aiming low.
                    What about the high beams?

stuartstuart
                    Participant

Good morning nightflyr. The low beam on the right side is aimed correctly while the high beam is burned out. The low beam on the left side is aimed down about 2′ in front of the truck while the high beam is aimed out towards the left side of the truck Somebody has these bulbs aimed in all crazy directions lol. i’ll most likely have to take it to a shop and have them re aim all 4 bulbs.
                      Stuart.

Participant

The adjustments for each bulb are located on the back of the housing from this layout.

Attachments:
                        stuartstuart
                        Participant

Hey nightflyr. thank you very much for the diagram showing the adjustment locations. NOW i’ll be able to aim the bulbs where they’re suppose to be.

regards,

stuart.

Participant

No worries

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                          Loading…