• Topic
  • advise on dealing with a snap-on guy

advise on dealing with a snap-on guy

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Tool Talk advise on dealing with a snap-on guy

• Creator
    Topic
    swagishswagish
    Participant

i started a new job about 6 months ago, meaning there is a new snap-on guy there. however my old snap on guy has an order placed for me, im still waiting on… he has always been kinda a crappy tool guy, he takes forever and always over charges…

so here is the issue, i bought a 1/4″ ratchet and 1/2″ ratchet, the 1/2 was too big and very impractical, the 1/4″ gears failed on first use (i have questions rather or not he just gave me a broken one to get the sale…). i still havent recieved… this was around a year ago…

next i had my old craftsman box broken in to, so i got snap-on credit to get a new box. i bought about 10 things and the box. he had 4 of my items on the truck, however the rest i am still waiting on. this was about 6 months ago.

i know the first question your gonna ask, y did i buy more after never recieving the first order… reason was he supposedly just getting the ratchets with the box… and if u want the best, he was my only option…

so like i said, i started a new job, he has not given me my stuff. so i called snap-on, he promptly called me back saying, “i got your order, wanna meet” so i did, he had 1 item, then tried selling me a ton of other stuff, and gave me a gearwrench serp belt tool. ( he said free, but bet it will go on my bill). so…. that was my order… 1 item, he said he dosent even know what was on my list. meaning he never actually ordered anything…

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      johnzcarzjohnzcarz
      Participant

That’s no way to run a business. Cancel the order and go with the new guy. I hope you didn’t have to pay it all up front…..

SorcererSorcerer
        Participant

x2

I’ve kicked the crap out of snap on, williams and mac ratchets on transport trucks and while gears wear out over time they all hold up insainly well even when punished with long breaking bars, hammer etc

A snap on guy’s primary job is to supply tools to the customer and replace any broken, damaged or worn tools promptly and for free!

Sound like your guy isn’t doing his job!

brian .hawesbrian.hawes
          Participant

I say get to a point were you owe him nothing. If he has a credit for you, you’ll probably have to deal with snapon directly. Save the warranty stuff and box trade for the new dealer. I wouldn’t do anymore business with him.

Steve McCroskeyRFlaggNY
            Participant

Swagish,

Document everything. Write everything down in a notebook with date and time.

I’d complain to Snap-On. This guy needs to be tossed and/or disciplined.

Play him off of the other tool guys too. And make sure each of them knows about the other guy.

LonestartechLonestartech
              Participant

Sounds like your dealing with a ‘dishonest’ business man. They come in all shapes and sizes and yes even tool trucks. Do like these guys are telling you, get rid of him and make a formal complaint and find someone who truly wants your business.

Steve WolfAccordinGB
                Participant

The last time I called Snap-on to get the phone number of a local guy for a replacement they told me they do it directly now. I got a new screwdriver in the mail in a couple days w/o having to send the old one in.

Call Snappy directly – you may have alternatives you do not know about.

SarahCrazinessSarahCraziness
                  Participant

my question is do i have to be a certified mechanic to buy from them? because i hear amazing reviews about snap-on tools across the board (i work at advanced auto parts so i get the mechanic feedback on them very frequently)

dreamer2355dreamer2355
                    Participant

Quoted From SarahCraziness:

my question is do i have to be a certified mechanic to buy from them? because i hear amazing reviews about snap-on tools across the board (i work at advanced auto parts so i get the mechanic feedback on them very frequently)

No, you can buy Snap-On products directly from there website.

If your an auto student, you can get some very good discounts from MATCO tools if your college is listed in there tool program.

If your starting out, Craftsman brand is a very good brand to use. Just stick with there professional series.

I have a mixture of Craftsman and Snap-On but will be replacing alot of my tools with MATCO. I’m just a fan of there products.

SarahCrazinessSarahCraziness
                      Participant

got a craftsmen toolbox for new years =D i gotta say im shocked because i didnt see it coming, and got 3 garages offered so i don’t have to work out of my driveway lol

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      Loading…