Menu

air compressor n00b

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Tool Talk air compressor n00b

• Creator
    Topic
    brakebrake
    Participant

I’ve never owned an air compressor before so I have no idea what to look for when shopping for one; specifications etc

How big a compressor should you start with?

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      619DioFan619DioFan
      Participant

If you go to the general discussion forum you will find a large number of comments from the members in regards to the compressors we use ( look for the air compressor topic ) mine personally is a 3.0 horse campell hausfeld with a 20 gallon tank. thing is over twenty years old and just keeps going. I actually own a good number of campbell hausfeld tools and they have held up well. this size compressor works fine for my impact guns , air ratchets and paint gun. it does how ever have a problem running die grinders , cut off tools and body tools such as sanders body file air grinder. it will run these but the tank empties fast then it cycles on and has to re-fill. to many times cycling on and off and the motor gets a lot hotter then I like. I normally use electric grinder sander instead. my advice is to buy the biggest one you can afford something with a 30 gallon tank and 3.5-4.0 horse motor would be good. they have the vertical ones that dont take up much space. personally I would go out tomorrow and buy myself a 60 gallon tank unit but I just don’t have the space for one. hope this info helps.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Loading…