Menu

Airbag Light On

• Creator
    Topic
    dreamer2355dreamer2355
    Participant

Welcome to the forums!_x000D_
      _x000D_
      You will need a scan tool to pull the trouble code for the air bag system and go from there._x000D_
      _x000D_
      Keep us posted.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      ShawnShawn
      Participant

Wow, Thanks for the quick response.

rice400rice400
        Participant

Be extremely careful, you wouldnt want to accidently deploy the air bag while you are in the process of diagnosing/fixing the problem

dreamer2355dreamer2355
          Participant

[quote]Quoted From steihlvoice: _x000D_
            _x000D_
            Wow, Thanks for the quick response.

ShawnShawn
            Participant

Quoted From dreamer2355: _x000D_
              _x000D_
              Most parts stores only have generic OBD2 scanners. You may be at the mercy of more high end equipment such as a Solus as an example.

_x000D_
              _x000D_
              That being the case a trip to the dealership to diagnose might be

rice400rice400
              Participant

I would agree, and as I said you really gotta know what you’re doing when you’re messing with the air bag.

Trcustoms719Trcustoms719
                Participant

Quoted From steihlvoice: _x000D_
                  _x000D_
                  Yeah I plan on disconnecting the battery cable before I do any work on this airbag issue.

_x000D_
                  _x000D_
                  Look in a repair manual on exactly how to disable the airbag._x000D_
                  Some you just unhook the battery and some have

rice400rice400
                  Participant

Usually you unhook the battery and disconnect the airbag connector in the steering column and wait about 20 min. They “store” electricity, for lack of a better word, and can be deployed even when the battery is disconnected. Be safe.

MattMatt
                    Participant

There are capacitors in the airbag system that act like small batteries incase the battery is destroyed during a crash.

EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
                      Keymaster

+1 on the likelihood that the parts store will be able to pull that code for you, a trip to the dealer may be necessary

ShawnShawn
                        Participant

Quoted From rice400: _x000D_
                          _x000D_
                          I would agree, and as I said you really gotta know what you’re doing when you’re messing with the air bag.

_x000D_
                          _x000D_
                          Yeah I plan on disconnecting the battery cable before I do any work on this airbag issue.

EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
                          Keymaster

How about pulling the code and finding out what’s wrong before we start replacing parts?

ShawnShawn
                            Participant

So it’s been over 2 months and the Airbag light still hasn’t come back on. I’ve been waiting for it to come one so I can take it to the dealer while the problem is happening.

Would there be a log to show what this error was?

ShawnShawn
                              Participant

So it’s been over 2 months and the Airbag light still hasn’t come back on. I’ve been waiting for it to come one so I can take it to the dealer while the problem is happening.

Would there be a log to show what this error was?

davedave
                                Participant

i am a qualified and trained autozone employee. although we are not permitted to read airbag codes, we can however recommend that you take a piece of black electrical tape, cut a piece into a square and place firmly over the airbag light.

davedave
                                  Participant

i am a qualified and trained autozone employee. although we are not permitted to read airbag codes, we can however recommend that you take a piece of black electrical tape, cut a piece into a square and place firmly over the airbag light.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  Loading…