Menu

alignment on 2001 accord

• Creator
    Topic
    hondaslave1342hondaslave1342
    Participant

i have a 2001 accord and decided to put 2 new tires and alignment a few months back…within 5 thousand miles the two new front tires both show major wear on inner part of tread..i took it back to alignment shop and it wa dead on….confused..the car drives straight down the road, no shake or wobble…why is it that both tires have bald inner tire wear…

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      college mancollege man

did you take it to the same alignment shop that did the first alignment? When the alignment and recheck
        alignment was done. did you get the read out showing all the specs of the alignment? if you did not. how
        do you know what got aligned? my suggestion to you is find another reputable shop and have the alignment
        done again.This time getting the alignment spec sheet at the end. asking the people to explain the readings to you
        if you don’t understand how to read it. also be sure that if the car calls for a four wheel alignment they do a four wheel
        alignment. You may have worn suspension parts. But if you do the alignment tech should be able to spot the problem.
        other wise you cant do a proper alignment with those conditions.C8-)

Trcustoms719Trcustoms719
        Participant

+1 on the above post.

MattMatt
          Participant

The printout should show what the specs need to be and where they actually are. Most shops that do alignments will try and sell you parts if they are worn, because that’s what shops are there to do: make money. I agree that you should try a different shop however.

dreamer2355dreamer2355
            Participant

+1 with the above posts. They should also be giving you a before and after copy of the alignment sheets.

Your camber is obviously off for you to have that type of tire wear. What brand of tires did you use?

EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
              Keymaster

Honda’s are VERY picky about the tires you put on them especially that vintage as it uses an ‘extreme’ version of the SALA (Short Arm Long Arm) suspension meaning there are a LOT of camber changes during cornering, this makes for great cornering however unless you’re running Michelins it will tend to eat the inner edge of the front (and sometimes the rear) tires, some brands are worse than others with this. Also if you drive ‘fast’ this will make the problem even worse as there is even more of a camber change during hard cornering.

MikeMike
                Participant

Is the car lowered and are the tires original?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                Loading…