Menu

Anger at the quarter-panel

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge The Body Shop Anger at the quarter-panel

• Creator
    Topic
    César MorganCésar Morgan
    Participant

Hi guys… I’m wondering if there’s some possibility to access the top of my quarter-panel from the interior of my ’00 Hyundai Elantra Sedan and how.

Well, to explain why I need this; is, that one day I was so angry that I give a really strong punch to that part, just where it meets the roof. It looks ugly, and I really want to fix it, the paint is undamaged. I’ll post pictures of it in a couple of days so you could see the punch.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Shaun FlichelShaun Flichel
      Participant

wow, bet that hurt. anyway, you can access by removing interior panels, but there is an inner panel, but there maybe holes in the right spots so you can get in there

César MorganCésar Morgan
        Participant

Ok, gotta try it.. 🙂

BillBill
          Participant

LoL…Sorry but that’s funny. I suppose if I owned a Hyundai I would have booted it somewhere instead of punching it.

I’m not quite sure where the dent is or how large it is but I have repaired similar dents with a Toilet Plunger, hehehehe, yeah. Spread a little oil around the edge of the rubber part, stick it on the dent and give er a good PoP.

Just make sure you clean the oil off before you return it to where it came from.

Participant

I was also going to mention the plunger. although its nice to have on that has not been used before lmao

BillBill
              Participant

:silly:

César MorganCésar Morgan
                Participant

Just for the record, I took a picture of the area… here you have it:
                  Sorry for the awful color, my phone has a really bad camera.

Attachments:
                  Participant

oh boy, a plunger probly won’t touch that, can you get in from behind?

César MorganCésar Morgan
                    Participant

I’ll try to fix it this weekend…
                      I’ll use a rubber hammer, like those ones used to set ceramic tiles on the floor.

Participant

the opposite fist might establish the same thing, or better. lol. sorry, couldn’t resist. lets us know with pics, how it turns out.

Michele PensottiMichele Pensotti
                        Participant

Hi!

You could try to use that rubber hammer and some heat.

Let me explain better:
                          You start by heating up the part with an hair drier , and at the same time you hit around the edge of the damage with the rubber hammer.
                          You repeat this A LOT of times and at some point you’ll see the damage decrease, and decrease, until it vanishes.
                          Also, you could pull the dent out with one of those glue pulling kits.

If you can access the part from behind, I suggest some wood or plastic lever to push it in the center and around, again helping yourself with the hair drier.

Good luck with the repair! 😉

Live long and prosper (and stay dirty!)

10nico

César MorganCésar Morgan
                          Participant

Sorry for no posting pictures of my punch last weekend, but I was a bit busy…
                            Ok, so this is what I find:

This is a better-looking picture of the punch.

So, I trimmed the interior to see behind the quarter-panel. This is what the punch looks from just behind
                            (Nottice that there’s no punch on this side. This part of the body is reinforced, and has a double layer of metal. so, there’s no possible access from the interior.)

this is a window the makers left on the car for welding. but, as I instated above, it’s a dual-layer panel, so, there’s no access to fix it from here.

I’ll try to fix it with the hairdryer method, and a lot of patience.

dropin_bikingdropin_biking
                            Participant

I was taking the interior out of a similar generation Elantra at work today. From what I saw there’s more than enough access to get a bar in and push the dent out from behind. Should be no different than any other C pillar construction.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            Loading…