Menu

Annoying Drivers

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge ETCG1 Video Discussions Annoying Drivers

• Creator
    Topic
    EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
    Keymaster

They’re everywhere. I’m even guilty of being one. That doesn’t make it any less annoying though. So what things annoy you about other drivers on the road?

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Dave TidmanDave Tidman
      Participant

Good Topic Eric.

The drivers that really annoy me are the ones that think their time is more important than yours.
        My favorite one is on my morning commute. There is a right turn lane that backs up a bit (it may take a minute to get through it, it’s not a big deal), that turns onto a 4 lane road. You still get some self important yahoo who zooms up and turns out of the lane designated to go straight (which is usually empty). Same thing on merging from 2 lanes to one (usually in a construction zone), you get someone zooming to the front of the line, which slows everyone else down.

Also a good tip on people packing. I used to be somewhat of a traffic enforcer for flagrant violators, but not anymore. I just let people go, it’s not worth the possible outcome.

Michael LebertMichael Lebert
        Participant

I was riding in a car with my uncle and some guy speeding behind us riding our back acting like he owned the road or something so we pulled over and he got angry was yelling no fights or nothing but the guy wanted to say we were driving slow we were going 40 which is the speed limit on that road.people these days…Anyone up to go build a new town in the middle of a forest with me ?

JasonJason
          Participant

This is why I am proud to be from a very small town, on my way into work I may see 2 or 3 cars. But i feel like a fish out of water when I take a road trip to a more populated area (waving the black flag) some people are so inconsiderate its infuriating.

Gary BrownGary
            Participant

The biggest thing that annoys me is cell phone use while driving, it distracts people from what they should be doing..driving!
              Also, people who don’t use their directionals irritate me.
              Other than that, people tend to avoid my truck on the road, no one has ever dared to tailgate or cut off a 1970s monster of a pickup truck.
              There are people who purposely get close to me just to gawk at it or give me a thumbs up/wave but that’s it. I guess big old truck=intimidating to most people.

Dave OlsonDave
              Participant

“The biggest thing that annoys me is cell phone use while driving, it distracts people from what they should be doing..driving!
                Other than that, people tend to avoid my truck on the road, no one has ever dared to tailgate or cut off a 1970s monster of a pickup truck.
                There are people who purposely get close to me just to gawk at it or give me a thumbs up/wave but that’s it. I guess big old truck=intimidating to most people.”

Funny thing is that I got the same reactions with my AMC Eagle. A car that sat as high as most trucks.

I’m with you chevyman cell phones are the worst

Gary BrownGary
                Participant

[quote=”brokemechanic3000″ post=124969]”The biggest thing that annoys me is cell phone use while driving, it distracts people from what they should be doing..driving!
                  There are people who purposely get close to me just to gawk at it or give me a thumbs up/wave but that’s it. I guess big old truck=intimidating to most people.”

Funny thing is that I got the same reactions with my AMC Eagle. A car that sat as high as most trucks.

I’m with you chevyman cell phones are the worst[/quote] Cell phones are the Devil’s creation we got along just fine without them when I was a kid. They didn’t exist. Now, 3 year olds have them. Call me a Luddite, but alot of technology has done more harm than good. People have become so reliant on tech doing things for them, the common sense department is lacking.

RyanRyan
                  Participant

I recently got a Subaru just like the one ETCG had except it’s a manual. I got it to learn how to drive a 5-speed car. However, people here don’t care whether you’re doing the speed limit or not they’re going to ride your butt! So I’m trying to learn to drive a stick with some jerk on my bumper and a loose clutch! Yeehaw. Self centered road hogs are the worst.

Dave TidmanDave Tidman
                    Participant

Should I mention the idiot this morning who blew by a line of cars at at least 50 MPH on a residential street.

Why the line of cars? There was a school bus with the stop arm out and lights flashing at the front of the line.

If I could have gotten the plate number, I would have gladly taken a day off work to testify against that nutjob…

Lorrin BarthLorrin Barth
                      Participant

There’s one thing that annoys me and one that worries me.

First, the annoyance. More and more new SUV’s and other large vehicles have HID lighting. HID lighting is very bright if you have to look into it. In case somebody puts 1000 pounds in the back the headlight aim is adjustable from the drivers seat in order not to blind oncoming drivers. What I see all the time is the highlights intentionally turned up to shine in other driver’s eyes.

The worry is pickup truck drivers. I drive a performance type vehicle. I’m retired and so not generally in any hurry but I do drive the speed limit as a curtsey to other drivers. Most pickup drivers upon seeing my vehicle have to pass. That is their business but seeing them hurtle past at well over the speed limit, sometimes very fast, in traffic driving a 6000 to 8000 pound vehicle, means that if they hit what is up ahead it is not going to be pretty.

Gary BrownGary
                        Participant

[quote=”barneyb” post=126228]There’s one thing that annoys me and one that worries me.

First, the annoyance. More and more new SUV’s and other large vehicles have HID lighting. HID lighting is very bright if you have to look into it. In case somebody puts 1000 pounds in the back the headlight aim is adjustable from the drivers seat in order not to blind oncoming drivers. What I see all the time is the highlights intentionally turned up to shine in other driver’s eyes.

The worry is pickup truck drivers. I drive a performance type vehicle. I’m retired and so not generally in any hurry but I do drive the speed limit as a curtsey to other drivers. Most pickup drivers upon seeing my vehicle have to pass. That is their business but seeing them hurtle past at well over the speed limit, sometimes very fast, in traffic driving a 6000 to 8000 pound vehicle, means that if they hit what is up ahead it is not going to be pretty.[/quote] I agree, HID lighting is quite annoying especially when it is done by a kid who has no idea what they are doing(using stock housings), and the light goes all over the place. HIDs are one of my biggest gripes with newer cars…thank God LEDs are replacing them.
                          As far as us pickup truck drivers go, we see them same thing with self righteous BMW drivers as well as Audi drivers. Typically these people will purposefully be ignorant on the road and act holier than thou because they drive a “German Performance Vehicle”. I think it’s unfair to single out a group of people as usually there are other groups that do the exact same thing if not worse. In every group, there are ignorant people.

Lorrin BarthLorrin Barth
                          Participant

I’ve always wanted a truck, just never had enough use for one to justify it. The effect of being behind the wheel of a truck on me is just the opposite of what I see on the road, I end up driving 5 mph under the speed limit with my elbow on the sill.

But sorry, I’m calling them as I see them, I don’t see Audis doing this and I don’t see BMW’s driving this way but about half of pickup drivers I encounter do.

Enforcement here has been lax as of late, maybe that is part of the problem. That, and kids have left the modded foreign car hobby and now all want trucks.

Gary BrownGary
                            Participant

[quote=”barneyb” post=126265]I’ve always wanted a truck, just never had enough use for one to justify it. The effect of being behind the wheel of a truck on me is just the opposite of what I see on the road, I end up driving 5 mph under the speed limit with my elbow on the sill.

But sorry, I’m calling them as I see them, I don’t see Audis doing this and I don’t see BMW’s driving this way but about half of pickup drivers I encounter do.

Enforcement here has been lax as of late, maybe that is part of the problem. That, and kids have left the modded foreign car hobby and now all want trucks.[/quote] Here, Audi drivers and BMW drivers are the worst. Pickup truck drivers here are usually the most curtious on the road except from a few bad apples that think they own the road(much like the BMW and Audi drivers). I have noticed the trend as well, the kids who had foreign “ricers” we called them now have moved onto diesel trucks. These are where the bad apples lie.
                              Not that I expect you to read this thread in it’s entirety, but this should give you a good idea of what I’m talkin about:
                              http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/general-chit-chat/888239-diesel-trucks-ricers-future.html
                              and also http://blogs.marketwatch.com/thetell/2013/08/13/bmw-drivers-really-are-jerks-studies-find/

twiggytwiggy
                              Participant

My pet peeve lies with how many drivers being unable to park within the yellow lines taking up 1.5 spaces. Or when someone parks like a slob giving you little room to enter your car.

Lorrin BarthLorrin Barth
                                Participant

I only read a few pages of the truck forum but funny stuff. Giant stack out through the hood – how do you open it? I suppose that explains what is going on. Anyway, not annoying, just dangerous.

A guy hit me last night while I was sitting at a red light – a tiny bit of paint damage. He said, “Did I wake you up?” People?????

Gary BrownGary
                                  Participant

[quote=”barneyb” post=126471]I only read a few pages of the truck forum but funny stuff. Giant stack out through the hood – how do you open it? I suppose that explains what is going on. Anyway, not annoying, just dangerous.

A guy hit me last night while I was sitting at a red light – a tiny bit of paint damage. He said, “Did I wake you up?” People?????[/quote] Wow…gotta love people, hope you let’em have it after he did that. Oh ya, and then you got the coal rollers that purposely roll coal on anything that moves. Don’t get me wrong, I love black smoke and I love truck and tractor pulls..but when you tune your pump to roll coal on demand and abuse it, it kinda makes diesels look bad. Rolling coal is cool…when it’s legit. The turbocharger has to spool up and until then, the mixture is rich a produces some smoke. This has been near eliminated on newer diesels(DPF) which I don’t agree with myself, and I like that the guys are fighting the system(regulations have got ridiculous) but at least do so responsibly.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  Loading…