Menu

Another no0b

• Creator
    Topic
    MattMatt
    Participant

My names Matt (obviously). Ran across ETCG a while back and figured I’d finally join up. I’m a tech, have A1-A8 and my L1 ASE. Worked for GM/Dodge dealerships for 11 years, independant shops for the last 4. I do all the driveability complaints at my shop and we are known for being able to fix what others cannot, so I usually wind up with some pretty screwed up stuff, lol. I have several factory scan tools, tech 2, toyota tech stream, VW vagcom, ford IDS and my trusty snap on verdict. That’s enough of the background check I suppose.

I figured I could offer help to those in need, as I’ve seen and done a lot over the years, and if I don’t know it going into a job, I’ll know all about it by the time I’m done. When I offer help, I seldom will tell somebody to just replace a part unless I am 100% certain it will fix their problem. I will more often tell somebody how to test a component with either a test light or DVOM. I am a “scope” guy, but I understand most people (and technicians) don’t have one. Perhaps if there is some interest I can do some tutorials with some screenshots of stuff I see in my day to day work.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      BillBill
      Participant

Hey…I think you should be an asset to these forums.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Loading…