Menu

Anybody ever done work for an ungrateful friend

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge General Discussion Anybody ever done work for an ungrateful friend

• Creator
    Topic
    NickNick
    Participant

That has treated your poorly. I have some acquaintances that about 8 months ago asked me to do some deeply discounted work to their daughters car. I agreed to try to help them out struggling family yadda yadda yadda we have all heard the stories. Work is on a 1995 Ford Taurus 3.0 litre, Car is sputtering at idle, randomly turning itself off, and transmission is slipping. Dad tells me I changed the front 3 spark plugs but didn’t change the back because I couldn’t get to them.

So my first order of thought just start with the basic stuff. On my own dime I bought all new plugs plugs wires, distributor cap and rotor. I want to make sure the ignition and fuel is clean and new so that I can start getting an accurate assessment of things.

Well 2 days go by and they stop by the house on a Saturday to join my family for a barbeque. I tell Dad that its time to start saving some serious money for the car because the transmission is slipping and it won’t last much longer.

Next thing I know Dad is screaming at me goes into my shop gets my BRAND new 3 ton shop jack and jacks the car up in my driveway. Looking at random stuff. Screams at me about the daughters car drops the car in my driveway leaves my jack laying in the driveway and drives off.

So how do you guys deal with ungrateful people (mind you I was not charging labor but helping a charity case). I was taught to respect people and treat people the way you want to be treated.

P.S. Got a call 2 days ago the transmission is out in a 1995 Ford Taurus guess who has been nominated for the repair. So far my stance is I will not even consider touching the car without an apology from her dad.

Viewing 16 replies (of 16 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Bryan CastorBryan Castor
      Participant

I experienced something similar to this once, and i tell you they are just going to take advantage of your hospitality and kindness. It happened to me twice and from the same person, and i just didnt want to go through with it again. You were kind enough to go through the trouble on helping out with the car. The father seems like a difficult person that would be hard and unreasonable to talk to.

Viewing 16 replies (of 16 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Loading…