Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Anyone go to UTI (universal technical institute)

Anyone go to UTI (universal technical institute)

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge General Discussion Anyone go to UTI (universal technical institute)

• Creator
    Topic
    skiier862skiier862
    Participant

So I’m a senior in high school, and I’m going to UTI in September. I’m just wondering if anyone here has gone there. I was wondering if it’s as good a school as they say they are, if it’s worth the money, and if going there will help me really get a good job. I’m excited to be going there and if i can get some insight from someone that went, it would be great.

I’ll be going to the campus in exton, Pennsylvania.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      dreamer2355dreamer2355
      Participant

Welcome to the forums!

I did not go to UTI. However, my advice to you is don’t go into debt on tools for a profession you may not like in a few years.
        And no, it will not guarantee you a job unfortunately. Its a hard industry to break into seeing there is still alot of technicians out of work from dealerships closing down.

But as long as you keep that same energetic enthusiasm, you will make a great technician C8-)

Anonymous

I suggest you do yourself a favor and get online and spend a few DAYS Googling UTI student experiences.

Here’s a good place to start http://www.indeed.com/forum/job/automot … ELL/t32112

You might want to consider a vocational or community college, where you’ll get the exact same education for $5,000 as opposed to $30,000. I think that you owe it to yourself to consider just how bad your debt will be right out of school before you make any final decisions. If you’re okay with it, then no big deal and best of luck. It’s always better to go into these things with your eyes open. Know your options and consider them before you take the plunge. Don’t forget that on top of school, you’ll need to buy tools. I’d recommend going used on Craigslist or even with Harbor Freight until you decide that this life is for you and it’s something you’re prepared to invest in. Don’t get caught into the trap where you just spend, spend, spend and get nothing in return.

I’m not trying to be a downer, but seriously, I think if most people fully understood what schools like UTI and Wyotech charge vs. what you can get at your local vocational-technical institute (same education, same certifications, etc.), then they wouldn’t get in line to study at schools that spend $$$’s to advertise during commercial breaks for Jerry Springer and Maury Povich.

Mgad914Mgad914
          Participant

I agree with ZAKMARTIN, i got caught in the hype when I went to ITT Tech. The commercials had me and the rep sold me. I went there for about 2 years half the instructors let you pass just for showing up and the other half couldn’t do some of lab because all there equipment was outdated. i’m in debt for 30k+ working at a fast food joint to make ends meat so like ZAKMARTIN said do your research before you commit to the high end schools just throwing in my 2cents

fordrangerfordranger
            Participant

im currently going to triton college a community college in illinois. i did three years research and found out about all the nonsense of uti and lincoln tech. i couldnt be happier that im going to a community college. the teachers actutally know your name. knowledgeable and the shop equipment isnt that bad. at the edn of the day its what you get out of it. so you can spend 30k fora bad school or im paing 10gs total with my gen eds do reasearch is all i can say

fordrangerfordranger
              Participant

im currently going to triton college a community college in illinois. i did three years research and found out about all the nonsense of uti and lincoln tech. i couldnt be happier that im going to a community college. the teachers actutally know your name. knowledgeable and the shop equipment isnt that bad. at the edn of the day its what you get out of it. so you can spend 30k fora bad school or im paing 10gs total with my gen eds do reasearch is all i can say

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Loading…