Menu

Are Labor Rates Too High?

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge ETCG1 Video Discussions Are Labor Rates Too High?

• Creator
    Topic
    EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
    Keymaster

This video is the result of some of the comments posted to last weeks video. What are your thoughts?

Viewing 2 replies - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      JamesonJameson
      Participant

i think that something eric said in the video was pretty accurate. when he said that they kind of just break even on the labor…maybe that’s not true everywhere, but…

I looked into opening my own shop awhile back, and it is crazy expensive to run a shop. rent, insurance, uniforms, waste oil pickup, office supplies, electricity, cleaning stuff, specialty shop tools, labor cost of course, training for techs, taxes and unemployment fees, and all the other little things that you might not even think about…

some chain type shops have to pay royalty fees too, if they’re a franchise.

One place I looked at was 6000 per month to lease, and 5000 per month in royalties, regardless of your net sales!!! insane!

atilla caylakatilla caylak
        Participant

just for you guys information

in FORT MCMURRAY/ALBERTA at oilsands they pay the minimum 48 to 56 Can$ hourly wage for
          licenced mechanics,plus some allowances for accomondation 1000-1500 Can$/monthly

I mean that everything depends on where you live and work

Viewing 2 replies - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Loading…