Menu

Audio Upgrade for my ’97 Taurus

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Car Audio Audio Upgrade for my ’97 Taurus

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    zerozero
    Participant

Unless the industry has gone backwards in the last 10 years, for regular use an external amp isn’t really required. Once you figure in the cost and effort associated with installation the money could be better spent on the other components.

I’m not sure what you are thinking of using for your music, but unless you already have a huge stack of CDs that you don’t have digitized on your computer, your could just do away with the media all together. No CD head units. A few years ago I had a Pioneer head unit with a USB port and never played a CD again, although I found the interface a bit clunky. Mostly because of naming protocols.

Here’a an Alpine unit that supports Bluetooth and has the proper connections if you ever want to install satellite radio. LINK It apparently also supports Apple products and Bluetooth music streaming on Apple and Android.

The Rockford speakers don’t seem to have any sort of crossover for the tweeter. HERE is a pair of Lightning Audio ones for the same price that have an inline crossover. I think the woofer is probably the exact same but the tweeter looses half an inch to offset the cost of the inline x-over.

HERE is a pair of matching rear speakers. A few bucks less than the Pioneers you linked to. Because matching.

BenBen
      Participant
      Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Loading…