Menu

auto-dimming mirror installation

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge ETCG Suggestion Box auto-dimming mirror installation

• Creator
    Topic
    Michael SacksteinMichael Sackstein
    Participant

Hey Eric,

Since you’ve already done a variety of vehicle upgrades, mostly pertaining to safety stuff such as installation of LED lights, steel braided brake lines, etc. I wanted to make a suggestion about the installing of an auto-dimming mirror maybe in the nearby future. Not sure if you’ve ever thought about making this upgrade in any of your vehicles but I have them in 3 out of 4 of my own vehicles, and I gotta say I really like having that auto-dimming mirror. The one car that doesn’t have an auto-dimming mirror of ours is my brother’s ’06 Pilot. I was also thinking about installing a auto dimming mirror in that car with a back up camera and compass since the one he has is kinda getting worn out and melting along the edges and the compass on that mirror doesn’t work all that great. anyways, if you are interested I think this would make for a great video.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
      Keymaster

I’m sort of moving away from reviews and a product like this might fall under that category. Certainly worth considering if the opportunity comes up, but I don’t see it happening anytime soon.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Nick BiancoNick Bianco
        Participant

Even though you feel your tool reviews weren’t as popular, I for one did still enjoy them. The OTC hub grappler series was especially cool, and I think it’s safe to say we’ve had fun watching you fight with your work lights. I can’t help but share your tremendous enthusiasm at how cool all the equipment in your shop is and how much fun it is to do your own vehicle lifting, tire changing, and rotor turning. Not to mention all the hard work you put into making an awesome air system for the shop.

When I had to replace all the brake lines in my car, I wished the whole time for your bench-mounted brake line flare tool!

When shopping for a beefy cordless impact, I also took note of what you were using and sought them out. (Didn’t end up buying anything, too pricey for the job I needed at the time, but I would still very much consider getting what you have.)

Plus you have shown me tools I didn’t even know existed, like your super nifty Beta T-handle tools and your flexible socket screwdriver things.

On that note, having seen you use Zep penetrant and sing its praises, I am trying to get ahold of some myself, in the hopes that it will outperform PB Blaster. Zep 45 is hard to find!

Anyway, thanks for all the tool reviews you have done over the years, because they have given me ideas of what to put on my wish list, or better yet, told me what I should look to purchase before taking on certain automotive tasks for my family’s cars.

zerozero
          Participant

It won’t be cheap, but go to Honda. There are plugs on the fuse box already, at least there should be. All you have to do is install the mirror (easy), run the wiring and plug it in (easy). It will work properly and look like it’s supposed to be there.

Keymaster

[quote=”redsabre94″ post=167261]Even though you feel your tool reviews weren’t as popular, I for one did still enjoy them. The OTC hub grappler series was especially cool, and I think it’s safe to say we’ve had fun watching you fight with your work lights. I can’t help but share your tremendous enthusiasm at how cool all the equipment in your shop is and how much fun it is to do your own vehicle lifting, tire changing, and rotor turning. Not to mention all the hard work you put into making an awesome air system for the shop.

When I had to replace all the brake lines in my car, I wished the whole time for your bench-mounted brake line flare tool!

When shopping for a beefy cordless impact, I also took note of what you were using and sought them out. (Didn’t end up buying anything, too pricey for the job I needed at the time, but I would still very much consider getting what you have.)

Plus you have shown me tools I didn’t even know existed, like your super nifty Beta T-handle tools and your flexible socket screwdriver things.

On that note, having seen you use Zep penetrant and sing its praises, I am trying to get ahold of some myself, in the hopes that it will outperform PB Blaster. Zep 45 is hard to find!

Anyway, thanks for all the tool reviews you have done over the years, because they have given me ideas of what to put on my wish list, or better yet, told me what I should look to purchase before taking on certain automotive tasks for my family’s cars.[/quote]

There will still be tools in the videos that I’ll show. I just won’t be doing videos where I say ‘this is a tool review about tool ‘x’. I’d rather focus on the solutions some tools provide.

Keymaster

[quote=”DaFirnz” post=167280]It won’t be cheap, but go to Honda. There are plugs on the fuse box already, at least there should be. All you have to do is install the mirror (easy), run the wiring and plug it in (easy). It will work properly and look like it’s supposed to be there.[/quote]

Newer Hondas may not have an open slot. If that’s the case you can use what I used in this video.

zerozero
                Participant

Newer Honda’s do have the open connector, I’ve installed a couple in HR-Vs. Any factory accessory installed also has a pass through if there’s another accessory installed.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                Loading…