Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Auto. trans. torque converter stall speed…?

Auto. trans. torque converter stall speed…?

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge General Discussion Auto. trans. torque converter stall speed…?

• Creator
    Topic
    Brian MericaBrian
    Participant

Ok, so I was reading a topic on here posted by someone having trouble with their transmission after installing it. I’m not having a problem, just confused and want some info because I love to learn new things. Long story short, this person puts the car in gear and the wheels don’t move, car doesn’t go from what I understand. A few posts into it, folks start talking about the stall speed. I’ve watched almost all of Eric’s auto trans/torque converter videos. It’s my understanding that the stall speed is the engine RPM that must be reached in order for the torque converter to send power to the drive wheels. That being said, I just recently purchased the dealership workshop manuals for my vehicle. Tonight I was reading about the transmission and it has all the specs listed, low and behold my stall speed is 2690rpm. This is kind of confusing to me because I can shift the car into drive and it will idle at 700 or so rpm and when I take my foot off the brake the car moves on a flat surface however when in neutral it does not move. This baffles me because how could the car move at all at 700rpm if the stall speed is set at 2690? :huh:

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Loading…