Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Automotive Systems Books/Online Articles

Automotive Systems Books/Online Articles

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge General Discussion Automotive Systems Books/Online Articles

• Creator
    Topic
    MikeMike
    Participant

Hello everyone. I’m looking for books to read up on each system in an average car, and I’d like them to be as in depth as possible. I wanna know these systems like the back of my hand. How they work, parts involved, etc. I’ve tried looking around on my own, found a few but they’re not as in-depth as I’d like/feel they should be. Does anyone have any recommendations/favorite sites? Any reading material at all would benefit me, but the more in – depth the better. Also, if they include exploded views of things that’d be fantastic. Thanks in advance!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Andrew PhillipsAndrew Phillips
      Participant

For sensors and computer systems, I really like Steve Hatch’s “Computerized Engine Controls” book. This is a textbook for studying engine management systems in automotive technology courses, but the material is good for anyone. Excellent explanations and diagrams.

JosiahJosiah
        Participant

I bought this book, and really like it. I haven’t got that far through it yet, but so far so good.

Automotive A Systems Approach

MikeMike
          Participant

Thanks for the replies guys. How in depth are these books? I’ve tried my luck with some websites, looking at the brake system explanations most of the time there’s no mention of metering/proportioning valves and it’s disappointing. Also usually nothing on how ABS works. You’d think they’d at least be mentioned.

David CannyDavid Canny
            Participant

Hi,

I have Hilliers Fundamentals of Motor Vehicle Technology 6th Edition (Book 1) and Hilliers Fundamentals of Automotive Electronics 6th Edition (Book 2) and both are extremely useful in understanding all the different parts of the modern car. They both have extensive diagrams of all the parts invilved and the theory behind them. Great books imo. Hope that helps.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Loading…