Menu

Battery Drain

• Creator
    Topic
    DanielDaniel
    Participant

I Have a 1990 Chevy 1500 With a brand new battery installed. When it sits for two days the battery is dead. When running the volt meter looks like its charging at 14. What could becausing this drain? Thanks for any help.

Viewing 4 replies - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      JamesonJameson
      Participant

[quote=”Sparks4184″ post=63760]If still not, Welcome to Warmart and promise the manager you and your family, friends and your friends friends will never buy even a Snickers bar from them again. At that point, chances are they’ll replace it without a receipt.[/quote]

LOL That’s good advise

spelunkerdspelunkerd
        Participant

The other issue with warranties for tires and batteries is the fine print. More and more those warranties are prorated, based on the months the customer used the battery compared to the duration of the warranty. So, if you used it for 3 years on a 5 year battery, then they give you a 40% discount on your next battery. Looking at it that way, it’s a small reward for customers to remain loyal and continue buying inferior batteries that won’t necessarily last as long as the warranty period. I don’t like those kind of warranties because it encourages manufacturers to make products that don’t last very long.

MARK FELDSTEINMARK FELDSTEIN
          Participant

I agree completely. It seems that I’ve seen some batteries die completely almost to the minute that their warranty expires. More accurate than an atomic clock at the Naval Observatory. They’re often supplied by car manufacturers as part of their new car, taillight warranty. When the tail lights are out of sight it usually means the battery has failed and your warranty is up. LOL !

BillBill
            Participant

HuH..and how many batteries today can you hydrometer test? They are mostly all sealed.

Viewing 4 replies - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Loading…