Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Best OBD2 scanner for under 30$ ????

Best OBD2 scanner for under 30$ ????

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Tool Talk Best OBD2 scanner for under 30$ ????

• Creator
    Topic
    AliAli
    Participant

Best OBD2 scanner for under 30$ ????

anyone got some let me know !

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Joshua EasonJoshua Eason
      Participant

Autozone = free

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

AliAli
        Participant

I want a personal one that can just read my the codes and clear them for my 07 honda , autozone is far away from where I live :l

James O'HaraJames O’Hara
          Participant

BAFX Products 34t5 Bluetooth OBDII Scan Tool for Android Devices

This will also work for laptops though do not insert that disc if you do not have a disc tray. i copied files off of a desktop to usb to use it on my laptop and bought a cheap bluetooth adapter from best buy. The thing works very well. Haven’t had an issue with it.

All the other versions of this will just give you issues do not waste your money on them just an fyi.

Scott OsborneScott Osborne
            Participant

What type of phone/tablet do you have?

Their are a couple good ones but they will be specific to your device. Also if you want expanded or OEM specific codes they could run you a little more than $30.

Your not going to get a stand alone code reader that is worth a darn for $30. Its going to have to be Android/iOS based

Dave TidmanDave Tidman
              Participant

I use the bluetooth dongle that MDK22 pointed to with the free torque app on my android tablet. So far, it’s been able to do everything I need it to.
                It helped me diagnose a P0106 on my wife’s 2009 VW (CAN bus car). You get limited access to some PIDs in addition to reading/clearing codes.

subhobrotosubhobroto
                Participant

I use the very same BAFX one. Cost me less than $30 I think, around $25 incl. tax and S&H from NewEgg.

I did have a very price sensitive customer who wanted to learn how to diag. her own car in the future, and I showed her a ELMII on Ebay that she paid $4 for. ALL IN.

Worked great on her Android and was faster than my BAFX one! Pretty cool.

Josh GJosh G
                  Participant

Whatever you get make sure it has live data! All plain OBDII code readers are basically the same thing (with some differences in quality). The real difference is whether or not you can read live data and how effectively that data is displayed. If you want to diagnose a problem related to a code you REALLY REALLY want live data.

With a $30 price range you will want to look into the bluetooth type code readers, as mentioned (I’m pretty sure they give at least some live data). They are cheaper because you’re not paying for a display and the other electronic guts, your phone takes care of that.

Scott OsborneScott Osborne
                    Participant

Both Torque Pro and Dash Command will do live data. A scanner without live data isnt very useful

AdamAdam
                      Participant

I’ll have to check out those other two apps, I use Test Drive on my Android.

The dongle I have is cheap, ELM327 reader but it wasn’t really for me to pull codes, it was mainly for me to log my drives in different cars and allow me to turn on the PIDS to track as much information as I can.

I believe they said Bluetooth for Androids and Wifi if you have an iPhone, this will be crucial if you are picking up a cheaper wireless device also.

Wyr TwisterWyr Twister
                        Participant

I just ordered this one , from Red China .

http://www.ebay.com/itm/262023852564?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Probably will get it in a couple of weeks .

God bless
                          Wyr

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                        Loading…