Menu

Best Oil Filters for Hondas

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge ETCG Suggestion Box Best Oil Filters for Hondas

• Creator
    Topic
    Jon OttJon Ott
    Participant

Hello Eric,
      My idea for your video is to recommend the best oil filters to use on Honda cars. In the past I have used genuine Honda oil filters from my local dealer. I noticed several other YouTube reviewers give poor marks for the Honda filters since they are made by Fram and even have the cardboard inside. I am now considering the use of Denso, Beck Arnley, and Wix filters instead.
      I value your opinion on what to use more than any other source when it comes to my 1999 Accord.
      Thank You!
      Jon

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
      Keymaster

Honeywell used to make the oil filters for Honda and in my view, they were the best. I like Wix too. That said, in my experience, changing the oil on a regular basis is the best way to go. Although, I just bought an oil filter cutter and will be opening up every filter in the future to inspect it.

Thanks for the suggestion. I hope my answer helped.

Jon OttJon Ott
        Participant

Hello Eric,
          According to some other so-called “experts” on the internet, the quality oil filters from the dealer went away about 10 years ago. The current oil filters from the dealer are marked Honeywell but this is a division of Fram. If a Honda oil filter is cut open it is said to be exactly the same as a Fram filter. The earlier Honda oil filters that were said to be of good quality have a part number that ends in 01. The oil filters that I get from my local dealer today end with a part number of 02. I change my oil regularly, about every 3,000 miles, and use a full synthetic oil by either Castrol or Kirkland. I just want to make sure I am not using a garbage filter. And I consider Fram to fall into this category. The next time you cut open a genuine Honda oil filter please compare it with a Fram. I look forward to hearing your conclusions.
          Thank You!
          Jon

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Loading…