Menu

Best spark plugs for civic

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Best spark plugs for civic

• Creator
    Topic
    LittoLitto
    Participant

Hi…
      I want to change spark plugs on my d15b2 civic…I’m looking for performance, should I change and wires ?

any suggestions??

THANKS

SORRY FOR SPELLING 😀

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      college mancollege man

Use what the manual suggests. usually NGK If the wires are original
        factory leave them be and just do the plugs. If not OE or pick up a set
        of factory wires or use NGK wires.

K24A4K24A4
        Participant

I fully agree with college man. Only use the OEM NGK spark plugs on your civic. Everything else is just overpriced junk, and could cause engine problems.

Matthew RossMatthew Ross
          Participant

I agree. Use OEM. They’re expensive, but you’ll get 100,000 miles of flawless use out of them.

Bryan UmbergerBryan Umberger
            Participant

+1 with the rest. Only use OEM on Hondas.

TomTom
              Participant

The NGK’s are the best for the Honda engines, and they are among the cheapest as well!

For wires, if the stock wires are on the car, and in decent shape, leave ’em be. If the car NEEDS new wires, you can’t go wrong with NGK’s.

dandan

NGK as everyone has already said, NGK is what most manufacturers of Japanese decent recommend!

IngvarIngvar
                  Participant

I am big fan of HALO plugs. For performance and better mpg. Yes, I did use them without ANY issues on Honda. 04 CR-V, to be more precise. They are a bit more expensive comparing to NGK, but I have very good track record with them on Lexus, Honda, GM, and Toyota. Spark they produce is amazing. Bosch was trying to copy them but they can’t close the crown due to patent.
                    But indeed, for straight swap, NGK is likely da best choice.

IngvarIngvar
                    Participant

Oh, and don’t forget one thing. After done with replacements, pull ECM fuse out overnight. It will remove all stored “habits” and ECM will learn new parts from scratch.

David RoddickDavid Roddick
                      Participant

What I yet to figure out is why dealers’ service centers do not use the recommended brand of parts. Spark plugs, oil filters, you name it. My daughter who lives in another state, gets her service done at a dealership there, and every time she is home I am amazed at the cheap off-brand replacement parts they have used. I’ve encouraged her to find a good private shop there.

EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
                        Keymaster

Do not change the wires if they are OE Honda, no matter how old they are. If they aren’t, then use NGK. As for plugs, NGK or Nippon Denso Only!

More info here.

http://www.ericthecarguy.com/faq/solving-automotive-performance-issues

dandan

[quote=”mustangroddick” post=105856]What I yet to figure out is why dealers’ service centers do not use the recommended brand of parts. Spark plugs, oil filters, you name it. My daughter who lives in another state, gets her service done at a dealership there, and every time she is home I am amazed at the cheap off-brand replacement parts they have used. I’ve encouraged her to find a good private shop there.[/quote] this sparks a idea inside my brain, a topic of discussion!

KasraKasra
                            Participant

Honda. mostly all the time NGK. Used Bosch once, two of them failed. Just use NGK always. Most makes use NGK anyways. From Honda, to BMW.

Atif NaserAtif Naser
                              Participant

OEM , it is the best one to get the full performance.

Bryan CastorBryan Castor
                                Participant

NGK is used usually for Honda cars. OEM gets you 100,000mi. and is considered to give the best performance.

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Loading…