Menu

Bf Ba ford falcon

• Creator
    Topic
    LukeLuke
    Participant

One more for the Australians (as the ford falcon is only sold here). I have a 2006 ford falcon bf xr6 which I have had for just over a year now and a few days ago my tail lights, park lights, interior lights and fog lights stopped working. Not being strong on electrics of a car I googled it and found that this is a common fault. What happens is the wire going to the switch to turn on the lights which is on the indicator stork wears as you use the stork and then finally breaks. The repair is not too hard but there is not much wire to play with, I did it with a wire connector. Just thought I would share as it happened to me at night time…..not real fun!!

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      ChrisChris
      Participant

Another common fault with the BA/BFs is the bonnet release latch. Through poor design and crappy materials, the latches are always snapping off the fuse box where they mount onto and if you’re unlucky enough snapping the mount on the fuse box as well. Ford has released ‘fixed’ replacement bonnet cable and latch with redesigned mounting clips so this issue doesn’t repeat itself and the install is easy, it can be done in about 20 mins. I only bring this up as it is a roadworthy issue on top of being an annoyance.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Loading…