Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Bleeding clutch master, slave, and associated lines on bench?

Bleeding clutch master, slave, and associated lines on bench?

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Bleeding clutch master, slave, and associated lines on bench?

• Creator
    Topic
    RobRob
    Participant

I recently bought an 2003 Acura RSX Type S and I’m in the process of going through the car and fixing/replacing whatever is needed. Unfortunately the clutch master cylinder is leaking so I was planning on replacing both the clutch master and slave cylinders. Looking at the car there isn’t much room for me to fit my giant meat paws near/around the slave cylinder and it looks like it would be a real pain to bleed the system at the slave. To me it looks like it would be easier for me to remove the clutch master, slave and lines and bleed the entire system with the new components on the bench. Never having worked on clutch lines etc. I was hoping to get some input as to if this was feasible and/or if there are any drawbacks trying to re-install the system back into the car after this has been done (i.e. keeping everything assembled). Any input/feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • Author
      Replies

If you can get the whole system in and out of the car without disconnecting the lines it could be the easier solution. Just be careful not to let the master suck in any air by tilting the reservoir.
      In principle the hydraulic clutch system functions the same way as the brakes, it’s just pushing on the clutch arm instead of brake pads.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Loading…