Menu

Brake issues

• Creator
    Topic
    Joseph SmithJoseph Smith
    Participant

I have a 2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L. I went to stop at a stop sign and the brake pedal went close to the floor. Started driving immediately and the problem went away completely. Went home and checked for codes and brake fluid. No codes and the fluid was very dark and just above the min line. Checked all the wheels, master cylinder, module, etc. for leaks and found none. Tested the master cylinder using the ruler and tape method and it passed with flying colors. So I changed the fluid and bled the brakes. Van was driving fine. No problems. Then several days later all was well until I hit a bump in the road. I stepped on the brake to stop, the pedal went close to the floor. Started driving again, but this time the pedal stayed close to the floor when braking. I immediately parked the vehicle and pumped the brakes several times and the problem went away completely. Drove home without any problems with braking and parked the vehicle. Tested the master cylinder again with the tape and ruler method and it passed with flying colors. So now I am trying to figure out what to do next. I appreciate your help.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Loading…