Menu

bronco charging/starting system

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here bronco charging/starting system

• Creator
    Topic
    riley marcumriley marcum
    Participant

okay sorry for posting so many threads but i’m in need of some insight right now, 1990 bronco xlt lariat with 302 jasper engine
      new battery in it starts up but key sticks so starter will still be engaged. just turn back the key and it will stop, but that battery showed 11.35 volts while running so i had bought a new alternator and installed it, started it up and would not stay running.. i jumped the starter solenoid to check for starter to engage and it did but now the engine won’t even crank or do anything . sorry if this is scrambled but i’m in need of answers asap

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      BluesnutBluesnut
      Participant

Where did you check the voltage while the engine was running; the battery terminals?
        Turn the key to the RUN position with the engine not started. The dash battery light should be on. Touch the alternator pulley with the tip of a screwdriver.
        You should feel the magnetic attraction of the pulley.

If the pulley is magnetized you need to check the wiring between the alt. and battery. Maybe the fusible link has popped.

riley marcumriley marcum
        Participant

checked it at the bat terminals, going to have to do these test tomorow because i’m not with it right now. Do you think a bad ignition switch could cause this ?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Loading…