Menu

Buzzing Noise – Subaru Forester

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Buzzing Noise – Subaru Forester

• Creator
    Topic
    RyanRyan
    Participant

Hey everyone, have a question regarding my parent’s 2013 Subaru Forester. There is an intermittent noise in the car, and it is a buzzing type noise that happens only when you are pushing the gas pedal. When you let go of the gas, the noise goes away. It sounds like an electrical interference kind of noise, but doesn’t change if I turn on the stereo, or something like that. It is very irritating but not present all the time. It is definitely an electrical sounding noise, not a mechanical one. They brought it to the dealer but it didn’t make the noise that day so they couldn’t diagnose it. Any ideas on where to look? Thanks!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Shaun FlichelShaun Flichel
      Participant

sounds like a lost bee or wasp. kidding aside. are you sure its not coming from the speakers? radio does not have to be on to have such noise

college mancollege man

Sounds like the electronic actuator on the TB.
          check that all the air ducting and clamps are tight.
          with the key on engine off.step on the gas pedal and
          see if the noise is there.

KasraKasra
          Participant

I say try to make it happen and at that exact point take it to the dealer. Don’t shut off the car and get someone to come and hear it. Not too sure to be honest but College Man knows his stuff so look into what he said.

RyanRyan
            Participant

Thanks for the responses! Collegeman, I was actually leaning in that direction myself, and that is a great idea to test it, I will definitely try it.

It’s possible it comes from the speakers, but when I turn the stereo on the noise does not change at all, so that led me to think it might not be.

The plan is next time it makes the noise they will take it in to the dealer, the only issue is the Subaru dealer in town is not the greatest, so they wanted to get it done elsewhere but sure enough it didn’t make the noise.

EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
              Keymaster

It’s very difficult to track down intermittent noises like that sometimes. The key is to have the noise happening at the time of diagnosis. That’s not always the case as you’ve pointed out. As for what it could be, I wouldn’t have a clue without hearing it for myself. Here’s an article that might help you find it however.

http://www.ericthecarguy.com/faq/diagnosing-noises-in-your-car

Keep us posted.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Loading…