Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Cabin Air Filter Replacement Problem

Cabin Air Filter Replacement Problem

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Cabin Air Filter Replacement Problem

• Creator
    Topic
    Kim BuyKim Buy
    Participant

I recently had my dealer service dept. replace the cabin air filter on my 2010 Toyota Prius.
      After leaving the dealer, I noticed that there was a humming noise coming from somewhere in the ventilation system. There was no noise there before. It makes noise whether I have the A/C on or not, or have it set on exterior or interior air intake. Also, every time I turn on the ventilation there’s a little dust and debris that blows out of the vents.
      I took out the air filter myself to check it, and cleaned out a couple of leaves and some dust. The air filter was put in the right way, and after reading the part number to the parts person at the dealership, he said, “Oh, that one’s okay too.” HUH?? It’s still making the humming noise.
      I just wanted to run this by you guys first, before I return to the my dealer service dept. to have it checked out. What do you think? Should I take it to a dealer service dept. at another dealer?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Loading…