car companies that are hated

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge ETCG Suggestion Box car companies that are hated

• Creator
    Topic
    salemsalem
    Participant

hello

there is so many car companies that are hated for some reason

for instance most people from USA says SUZUKI cars are bad while where i live you cant drive for five minutes without seeing a suzuki.

i wish that Eric to make a video explain why is that happen all over the world ???????

thanks

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
      Keymaster

Thanks for the suggestion. I’ve touched on this subject, but from the positive side in a couple of videos. Here’s one I can think of off the top of my head.

Ian WilliamsIan Williams
        Participant

For me it comes down to personal experience , one bad one means , I wont step foot in a Ford Dealership , even on pain of death . 👿 basically some time ago when I first arrived in New Zealand from South Africa , I went looking for a car , visited a local ford dealer , was treated like a leper by the dealer walk away , cut to the GM dealer across the road , dealer couldn’t be more welcoming and helpful , without being to pushy.

salemsalem
          Participant

thank you all

ErinErin
            Participant

Usually it is not so much a company but a make that people do not like. Sometimes models.
              Like in the USA –

BMW is like the snooty-mobile. Many jokes about them.
              SUV’s are despised by some.
              Some hate Fords because they seem to have real expensive problems (Like taurus transmissions WILL fail prematurely).

Usually the hate has to do with the type of person you might typically see driving it. A car itself is just a huge machine. Usually it is the expensive cars that people hate (more their owners though). Jaguar, BMW, and Mercedes.

Hey what is the difference between a BMW and a porcupine? 😀

Brands and models can quickly turn to hate due to maybe more or less unfortune reasons. I often experience people that only prefer cars from a given brand, maybe a specific modell or a part of the world. Then they get a car that possessed by a demon or something – they got a issue with that car again, again and again. And suddently, that brand is the worst in the world.

Another thing about brands i often experience is related to where you live, climate etc. For example here in Norway Volvo is popular – ok, it is well known for being a car from our swedish neighbors people often prefer them for “it is made for our climate, in our own climate”. Here in Scandinavia typical american brands is rare, i guess a typical perception here is that “american cars is expensive to use” or “american cars is known for having overpowered engines” etc. OK, where i live gas is expensive (about 2.34 USD / litre) and our typical cylinder volumes is around 1.4-2 litre so i guess it is many reasons why where you live is important. The truth is, whatever you hate, someone loves it somewhere else – lets face it, if a brand was hated by everybody then you would never have heard of them 😉

I love SUVS, i want high torque – but also a cheap car to use, i want all-wheel drive, ABS, intense rally headlights etc. Somebody else wants the perfect opposite, it is also a question about preference.

Bryan CastorBryan Castor
              Participant

You know it really depends on the preference of the user and his chemistry with the car, serious! 👿 and usually there’s a love and hate relationship in different kinds of model and when you know you found your car that suits you you’d stick to its brand since you feel that the company is reliable and credible when it comes to their products of autos. And personal experience is always a factor.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Loading…