Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Car dies while driving several minutes before it restarts

Car dies while driving several minutes before it restarts

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Car dies while driving several minutes before it restarts

• Creator
    Topic
    fredfred
    Participant

New problem just popped up. Wife was driving car yesterday when car died. It took her several minutes to restart car. I checked car and of course no MIL light on. I have two vehicles and have yet to see a light come on when there is a problem. I ran diagnostics everything looks ok.
      I have a 2007 Nissan Sentra S 2.0L. Thinking it might be the crankshaft sensor or camshaft sensor or even Maf. What is the proper way to check something like this out when you dont have any codes. This is the second time in 6 months this has happened.Also where is the camshaft sensor located? This car also has a hesitation problem on takeoff. intermittent of course. I was thinking of buying one of those plugin under dash diagnostic tools that way if it happenes again maybe tool will pick something up. Any recommendations

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
      Participant

With no codes showing I would think it doubtful you’ll find any issue with any sensor you stated.
        Nissan are pretty good at tripping a CEL if a sensor goes out.
        I know how this sounds,
        But the best way to pin point the issue is to do your testing when the issue occurs.
        Also knowing exactly what the conditions were at the time the engine shut down, IE: at what speed, during a turn, weather conditions, was it on cruise control, ETC

fredfred
        Participant

On older cars i would change throttle position sensor. I had that problem on several other cars. This has a motor instead built into the throttle body and they are a little pricey to swap out. Cant understand why when a car dies some kinda code isnt set. This can be really dangerous in the wrong cirumstances

daviddavid
          Participant

Check plugs. Clean MAF. That’ll get you started.
            Is idle rough?

fredfred
            Participant

Finally figured this one out. Figured it out by accident like a lot of problems I fix. Actually fixed it few months ago. Thought i would input what i found. I had changed out the fuel pump. I thought with almost 220k that might be the problem. A week later car stalled again. So I decided to change out the plugs
              the following week. While checking out the car I noticed some corrosion on battery. It wasnt so much the connections as the entire battery and bracket were showing signs of corrosion. I gave it a thorough cleaning and so far 5 months later car hasnt stalled. I tried to understand why this would cause a problem like this. On the positive lead of the battery is this fuse bank assmbly which is quite large. I guess this is for all the devices that need power when you turn car off. Like alarm and door locks etc. Oh and thanks for the suggestions. I believe some one on here even mentioned that as a solution. Thanks again.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Loading…