Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Car starts with remote start but will not start with key.

Car starts with remote start but will not start with key.

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Car starts with remote start but will not start with key.

• Creator
    Topic
    Derrick McGeeDerrick McGee
    Participant

I have remote start on my 2015 Buick Encore, but I use both the remote start and the old fashioned way with the key to start the car based on the situation.

So I went to get gas for the car one day. And as I was standing right next to the car the entire time, this was a time that I saw no need for the remote start and tried to start it with the key the old fashioned way after I was done pumping gas. But the car wouldn’t start. All the lights and the radio and everything else turned on just fine, but it would not start when I turned the key all the way. No crank, no nothing. But when I tried it with the remote start, the car started up just fine.

So not knowing if this is a problem that will spread and eventually make it so it won’t start with the remote start either, we’ve been trying to get it fixed. But no mechanic knows how to help us. They all say that they have never even heard of this before, because the other way around is the only thing that they have ever heard of so the other way around is they only thing they know how to fix.

So I turned to the internet, found your videos on YouTube, and decided to contact you in the hopes that you can help. Or at least direct me to someone that you know can help.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Billy AndrewsBilly
      Participant

Sounds like the ignition switch.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Loading…