Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Changing rear brakes with backward hill assists

Changing rear brakes with backward hill assists

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Changing rear brakes with backward hill assists

• Creator
    Topic
    joeljoel
    Participant

[color=green]Hello there,

I will very soon need to change the rear brakes on a Hyundai Tucson 2012 5 speed GL edition. This car is equipped with an automatic brake system that prevents the car from rolling backwards when you need to release the break pedal and engage 1st gear.

I know I will need to slack the hand brake from inside the console, change the shoes, discs and all. What I do not know is what else I need to be aware of before I start dissembling.
      Right now, I have the ABS, hill assist and anti-skid lights lid since I last tighten the parking brakes. Hill Assist does not function anymore. Will I need to reset a sensor or something or will it all comme back automatically once the breaks are all new ?

Tried looking for the specs but cannot find anything.

I appreciate all the help you folks can provide.

Cheers,
      Joel.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Dave TidmanDave Tidman
      Participant

I’m not familiar with the Hyundai system, but I don’t think replacing the brakes will solve your hill holder and ABS issues. I would get the car completely (all the modules) scanned to see what codes there are in the ABS system. Remember, if you repair something and new problems crop up, it highly likely something you did, carefully recheck your work.

Bruno RochaBruno Rocha
        Participant

It’s an electric or manual parking brake?

joeljoel
          Participant

manual parking brake

Bruno RochaBruno Rocha
            Participant

Have you tried reading the codes?

joeljoel
              Participant

yes and there is nothing, there are no error codes.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Loading…