Menu

Changing spark plugs every 10k?

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge General Automotive Discussion Changing spark plugs every 10k?

• Creator
    Topic
    Jonathan StiverJonathan Stiver
    Participant

You know that nice, fresh feeling when you change your spark plugs? Maybe a lil performance & MPG boost? Well, if you’re daily driving a 4 cyl that only takes 10 min to change the plugs and specifies to only use $2 copper plugs… Why not change them every oil change or two? Do spark plugs degrade enough in 10k to realize even a slight boost from new ones? Is it possible that would boost MPG by enough to justify $1/1000 miles (around .5-1% MPG gain)?

Viewing 2 replies - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      dandan

and that is what i figured too, when i see antiseeze messes up the day people usually put so much on the threads its ridiculous, and when i worked at stap brothers with plow trucks the mechanics RECOMMENDED anti seeze because the salt would screw crap up so bad…

but still i use oil and the plugs come out pretty easy.

Jonathan StiverJonathan Stiver
        Participant

After my spiritual awakening to changing plugs so frequently I don’t use antiseize anymore. If anything I would use oil or ATF. On 100k / iridium plug engines ill still use antiseize though. It just astounds me people let a car get to the point where plugs are causing problems under normal wear. I mean it takes a LONG time to get that bad….

Viewing 2 replies - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Loading…