Menu

Check engine codes

• Creator
    Topic
    Dan FitzgeraldDan Fitzgerald
    Participant

My 2005 Chrysler Pacifica 3.5 AWD had a OB code of E110C, never seen that before can’t find anything on line with that code any suggestions. My wife was driving when all the lights on the dash went on, the speed and Tach needle went crazy. Still drive fine. She tapped the brake and everything went back to normal except the Check Engine light. Went to Autozone to get the code and it came up with one code E110C. Fortunately my wife had already dropped the grandkids off. Any help would be appreciated thanks

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      AlexAlex
      Participant

I just did a little digging, and found that what Autozone reported as E110C is likely U110C “No Fuel Level Bus Message”. All but one instance I read about had other related codes along side that one for communication errors between the different control modules in the vehicle.

From the symptoms I’m guessing there was a glitch or momentary fault on the data bus, which caused the dashboard cluster to lose signal and freak out for a bit. It either happened so fast the only code recorded was for the missed update from the fuel level sensor, or there were more codes the guy at Autozone didn’t/couldn’t see.

Unfortunately it could be the kind of thing that only a dealer or certified Chrysler/Dodge technician with their test equipment would be able to track down. Somewhere on those data wires there’s a bad connection or a damaged wire, or there could be a failing component in one of the modules. Keep driving it, and if the problem happens again, take it in.

Andrew PhillipsAndrew Phillips
        Participant

First, about OBD codes. There are only four types. P, B, C, and U. P stands for powertrain, B stands for body, C stands for chassis, and U stands for undefined. Most manufacturers define codes that are specific to their vehicles. These are called “manufacturer special codes” or “enhanced codes.” Some manufacturers, like Toyota, simply redefine P, B, or C codes that their vehicles would not normally use for their enhanced codes. Other makers, like Chrysler, use the U codes for this. Sometimes generic readers substitute the letters P or E for the U, therefore, in your case, E110C is more likely than not actually U110C, as was previously stated. This code occurs in Chrysler products when there is a communication fault between the BCM (body control module) and PCM (powertrain control module). This can happen if there is a temporary loss of power such as a brief disconnection of the battery while the ignition key is turned on, a short to ground, a loss of ground, or an electronic glitch. There is no way outside of a dealership scan tool (DRB3) to further diagnose this code. It can be cleared by disconnecting the battery, turning the ignition on, then turning the headlight switch on and off, then turning off the ignition, and finally reconnecting the battery. If the code comes back then there is a fault the dealer will have to assess. If the code does not return then maybe it was just a glitch and won’t reoccur.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Loading…