Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Civic Hybrid should have belt tensioner ???

Civic Hybrid should have belt tensioner ???

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Civic Hybrid should have belt tensioner ???

• Creator
    Topic
    hadihadi
    Participant

Hi All,

Need your help on this. I am trying to change my drive belt but they are only 4 pulleys and doesn’t seem to have a belt tensioner. Can I just loosen the top pulley and replace the belt ?

Attachments:
    Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      ridinred24ridinred24
      Participant

Your top pulley there should connect to your belt tensioner. Can you get a long 14mm box end wrench on there to see if it moves one way or the other? I have never heard of a honda with a “stretch on” type belt system

college mancollege man
          EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
          Keymaster

[quote=”college man” post=47190]see if this helps. loosen the tensioner.

http://www.fixya.com/cars/t12422932-serpentine_belt_diagram_2003_honda_civic%5B/quote%5D

Nice post college man.

I personally use a long 14mm wrench to do this but they do make a special tool just for working with belt tensioners. Finding and using one of these might be a big help for you.

hadihadi
            Participant

Hi Ridinred24 I haven’t got a chance to get a closer look yet, it’s too tight from under the hood , need to take off the splash guard and get from underneath and see if there is any with box end,,,

Hi College man, it is not like serpentine belt though. It has only 4 pulleys, no power steering pulley since its EPS and the belt is much shorter than the serpentine belt,,,

Hi Eric, love your videos, really appreciate your works, you make the world a better place :)))

ridinred24ridinred24
              Participant

Any update?

hadihadi
                Participant

Still no chance to have a closer look. just done with a stuck caliper pin on the rear ,,, o mannnn,,,, will update soon ,,,

hadihadi
                  Participant

Just ordered the belt but it will take about two days. meanwhile, still no clue how to get the belt off
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=of_DEWJrh2o&feature=youtu.be

looks like the top pulley but how to loosen this kind of tensioner, there is no square drive ? and looks like normal bolt ?

EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
                    Keymaster

According to the diagram the tensioner is farther back. I believe it has a 14mm head on it, NOT the square head you’re looking for. It may be easier to access from under the vehicle BTW.

erika mcdonalderika mcdonald
                      Participant

there is a bolt on the top pulley undo that one and loosen the bolt holding the pulley just a little bet and there is your tension

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      Loading…