Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Clock Spring Needs Repair After Transmission Repair and Dolly Tow

Clock Spring Needs Repair After Transmission Repair and Dolly Tow

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Clock Spring Needs Repair After Transmission Repair and Dolly Tow

• Creator
    Topic
    Brian ABrian A
    Participant

I recently towed my Acura TL 2005 on a UHAUL dolly from Vegas to socal. It has 180,000 miles. I took it straight to a transmission mechanic to have my transmission replaced. After the transmission was replaced, I picked up the car, and the SRS light was on. I don’t remember it being on when I took it off of the dolly, but it’s possible I don’t remember.

Mechanic is saying that the clock spring needs to be replaced for $433. I’m wondering if this would have been something caused by the transmission mechanic, by normal wear and tear, or by towing the dolly?

Thanks

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
      Participant

Under normal conditions a transmission replacement would have no direct connection to a steering wheel clock spring.
        It may have failed due to unusual vibrations when on the vehicle tow dolly, it may have failed due to age / normal wear and tear.
        Chances are there is an open in the clock spring, but pinpointing the exact cause would be difficult.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Loading…