Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Clutch pedal becoming hard in city driving

Clutch pedal becoming hard in city driving

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Clutch pedal becoming hard in city driving

• Creator
    Topic
    Rahul JonesRahul Jones
    Participant

Hey guys,

My 2005 Kia Sorento stick recently began having this issue of the clutch pedal becoming hard after driving for a while. First time after it showed this symptom I got the clutch replaced as it was worn out. But the issue still persists. The pedal becomes hard especially during afternoons in traffic but fine with highway driving also the brake/clutch fluid looks a bit black. What else should I be looking for? If I want to replace the Brake/clutch fluid is there a way for me to work without a vacuum hand pump or so as its very hard to find one in my place?

Thanks in advance,
      🙂

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      college mancollege man
        Rahul JonesRahul Jones
        Participant

Thanks College man. Now I got the Clutch and brakes bled but the issue still continues. Even after idling for 10 mins during hot noon time the clutch pedal becomes hard but after some time driving in highway the pedal becomes normal. It is a very annoying….. :dry:

Ryan WoffordRyan Wofford
          Participant

I wonder is this has a vacuum operated brake booster that also affects the clutch? this sounds like a vacuum leak, is it doesn’t have enough vacuum in the city because the engine is mostly idling and not creating enough vacuum to properly work the booster the brakes will get hard but still function. on the highway your car is creating a lot more vacuum from driving so fast and even with the leak, it will still operate the brake booster effectively making it easier to press the pedal.

Andrew PhillipsAndrew Phillips
            Participant

Could also be throwout bearing seizing a little when hot.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Loading…