Menu

Clutch problem

• Creator
    Topic
    LukeLuke
    Participant

What could be the reason why I can’t depress the clutch pedal? Could there be a problem with the clutch and/or pressure plate? The clutch cable is new

Anybody have any suggestions???

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      LukeLuke
      Participant

Nobody here knows anything huh???

GregGreg
        Participant

[quote=”Buggyboy” post=175339]Nobody here knows anything huh???[/quote]

Help us help you. What are you working on?

LukeLuke
          Participant

Help to my previous post, had some trouble with the clutch on my 2006 sand viper dune buggy, it sat for about 5 years without running, I got it running and drove it around a bit, after replacing the clutch cable, and then it wouldn’t allow me to depress the clutch pedal. I tore it apart, pulled the tranny and clutch, both the clutch and pressure plate are still in good condition, no ware no gouges, so not sure if it’s really needing replacing, although before I unbolting the pressure plate i did notice that the clutch plate was not totally center. What’s ur opinion?

GregGreg
            Participant

Is the clutch fork bent? Or possibly disconnected from the ball side as to not be able to move if it is jammed inside the bell housing.

LukeLuke
              Participant

Clutch fork… umm would that be the part that pushes the throwout bearing?

GregGreg
                Participant

Yes

LukeLuke
                  Participant

No it doesn’t seem to be bent and is still connected. But say if it was bent, I should still be able to work the pedal even if it’s just a little bit, I couldn’t move it at all

GregGreg
                    Participant

I guess you are going to have to take some stuff apart to see what is causing the problem

LukeLuke
                      Participant

Alright thanks

Greg BGreg B
                        Participant

Try checking the cable routing. Is it clear of sharp bends and kinks?

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                        Loading…