Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Cold Air Intake- Extra Inlet? and some exhaust questions

Cold Air Intake- Extra Inlet? and some exhaust questions

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Engine Modifications Cold Air Intake- Extra Inlet? and some exhaust questions

• Creator
    Topic
    sjrobinsonsjrobinson
    Participant

So I have a cold air intake, there was an inlet attached to a valve controlled container that attached to the stock air intake on my 97 accord ex 2.2L f22b1 (vtec). That little hose was left over when I replaced it with a CAI and so I attached the inlet directly to the CAI. It runs back to what looks like a sensor with two other inlets attached. Someone looked at it and finally told me it has something to do with how the engine performs or reacts to the temperature of the air entering. My check engine light just came on and this is the first time I have driven my car (without warming it up nonetheless) in below freezing weather, although it has sat in below freezing weather this season just not driven without warming up. the light came on just as the car was fully warmed up on the road. however i do know that it takes a while for the computer to go through the cycles so it could throw a light for something miles back so it may just be an oxygen sensor. i dont wanna take it to a mechanic cuz theyll charge me the hour to check the computer. anyone have experience with this hose?
      i know ive asked eric on this and he was too sure bout the inlet.

i also have performance headers and a 3″ performance exhaust running down the entire car. its a bit noisier than i want- like theres a hole. i think it may be cuz i still have the old cat converter on there. but im also thinking there could be crappy gaskets too. would already bad quality gaskets make a difference in the noise? or could it just be my old (rusted) cat converter against brand new exhaust parts?

I notice the sound is much better and it feels like the car even performs better on a wet, rainy day. anyone know why? or maybe im just imagining it.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      dreamer2355dreamer2355
      Participant

Can you post pictures?

And you can get your CEL codes retrieved at any good parts store for free.

ALLWRLD SMITHALLWRLD
        Participant

i believe the extra inlet might be the mass air flow sensor..some honda’s have them and yes it does need to be connected and your
          cold air intake if it was bought for your model should have pre-molded or drilled or whatever spaces for the connectors, hoses and such…
          check to make sure all those are connected and if not… please do… that will stop the cei light….as for the 3″ pipe..im guessing ..gaskets, the old cat and the new pipe may not be fitting well together..

dirtbikeridermatdirtbikeridermat
          Participant

It preforms better on a rainy day cause when it rains, the air becomes cooler and more dense. This aids in overall combustion because more dense air means that more of it can fit into the cylinder. In addition the air contains some water vapor which slightly cools the motor and radiator.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Loading…