Menu

Crank no start

• Creator
    Topic
    Zac AlvarezZac Alvarez
    Participant

I’m in need of help with my 1995 Honda Civic ex 1.6L vtec
      I have a crank/ no start problem which started when my tie rod came off so I had to order a new one and they sent me the wrong one so it took longer for me to get the car driving again. And once I got the tie rod back on I went to turn on my car and it didn’t start so right then and there I started researching. I have been doing everything possible for me to get my car started and yet can’t get it starting. I have spark,compression, and fuel I have changed the main relay, change the spark plugs, checked my fuses, and changed out the ECU thinking it was the ECU but wasn’t I checked my engine codes which gave me code 15, and code 22. I have done a compression test checked my ground wires and also have checked my distributor. I have done the timing on engine more than 5 times and yet my ideas are running out. And I know I am doing the timing right because I have my own mechanic that has been helping me get my car started and yet he can’t figure what is going on. My car is backfiring when I go to crank it. It try’s to start but won’t. I am out of ideas of what it could be. If you could help me I would gladly appreciate it.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • Author
      Replies

May want to make sure that all of the ground wires are intact and connected securely. If they are then check the ignition switch.

Rick CropperRick Cropper
      Participant

Backfiring through the intake? You need to double check your distributor timing.

What are your compression numbers? I’ve seen that engine fail to start due to fuel washing the oil off the cylinder walls and creating a low compression condition. A little oil down each spark plug hole (tiny bit at a time) seals the rings up and will get them started again. Sounds like maybe something that could have happened while the car sat waiting for parts and maybe was ran too short a time when cold washing the cylinders with fuel.

Rick

Gregory curlGregory curl
        Participant

Bump….

Im having the exact same problems right now and have no clue where to start. this is my daily and need to get to work.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Loading…