Menu

Dakota rear brake line

• Creator
    Topic
    DarrellDarrell
    Participant

Hi gang,

Looking for opinions on replacing main rear brake line on Dakota that goes from abs junction at front left wheel all the way back. Oem line runs to the back mostly INSIDE of the frame with a bunch of bends. Looks to be a real pita to change. Would there be much wrong with running new line alone th frame instead of I side of it? I’m thinking Jose clamps around the frame every so often and vacuum tube or similar around line where I use hose clamp?

I know I should do it “right”, but this ain’t exactly a “show truck”.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Shaun FlichelShaun Flichel
      Participant

As long as there is no flexing of the solid line and is away from the exhaust you should be OK. The only other worry is rocks piercing the line.

Thomas FerryThomas Ferry
        Participant

You should be alright in doing this. Don’t kink the line. How old is the dakota btw? if its old body on frame of the late 80’s to the late 90’s just run along the top of the frame rail making sure you secure it down or else its gonna rattle like crazy rub and youll have the same problem you started with Using self tappers with a metal or plastic wire/hose tie down would be fine. IF you wanna be doubly sure water wont get in and rot the frame use some thin rubber on the back of the tie down when you secure it.

DarrellDarrell
          Participant

Thanks Jinzo and Shaun.

It this is an 02′ Dakota with full frame.

Probably gonna tackle this in next couple weeks. Will let everyone know how it goes.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Loading…