Menu

dents

• Creator
    Topic
    garygary
    Participant

i have a 92 geo storm 2+2 and it has a million dents. any suggestions to get them out?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Tyler KillgoreTyler Killgore
      Participant

I’d say to go ahead and either get a hammer and dolly set and be ready to spend a lot of time hammering (although you do not have to repaint). You could use a spot welder puller type thing (check Eastwood). What it does is this gun spot welds a pole into the dent. Then you take a slide hammer and back the panel into shape and sand or cut the pole off. Finally if they aren’t too deep you could use metal laden body filler. You do have to sand the paint down to bare metal in them places, and be prepared to paint it, but it might be the easiest to do.

Dave OlsonDave
        Participant

paint it white like a golf ball, Mythbusters proved that having it dented like a golf ball really improves aerodynamics in average cars.

MikeMike
          Participant

Are they due to hail maybe?

Check your local area for ‘PAINTLESS DENT REPAIR’. This also maybe covered by your insurance.

But being it’s a Geo, and if you have a lot – it could possible be a total loss.. :cheer:

TomTom
            Participant

Good luck with it. I had a 90 Storm GSI, it was a wicked little car. Too bad so many people have a bad opinion of them. The GSI suspension was designed by Lotus, the little 1.6 L would wind up to 7500, and the transmission was buttery smooth to shift.

Jeff M.Jeff M.
              Participant

If you get some estimates on it and compare the price of fixing it to the value of the car it would answer my question for me lol But as MTG30 said check into the paintless dent repair!!

[quote=”MTG30″ post=66201]Are they due to hail maybe?

Check your local area for ‘PAINTLESS DENT REPAIR’. This also maybe covered by your insurance.

But being it’s a Geo, and if you have a lot – it could possible be a total loss.. :cheer:[/quote]

TimTim
                Participant

[quote=”thegarytrucker” post=65256]i have a 92 geo storm 2+2 and it has a million dents. any suggestions to get them out?[/quote]

Storm….gee man my brother bought one new and drove the pee out of it. Dont remember the last time I seen one.

Pics are good along with your tools and experience/background.

PDR might be a good option then take it from there….

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                Loading…