Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Does anyone know of a good insurance?

Does anyone know of a good insurance?

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge General Discussion Does anyone know of a good insurance?

• Creator
    Topic
    Chris OrozcoChris
    Participant

Hi guys and gals,

I was recently in a car wreck and the insurance completely bailed when it came down to repairs on my vehicle when the other driver (also with geico) was the one at fault and the legal limit is that the insurance will cover damages to other vehicles if you are the one at fault. I am trying to battle this case but also do not think that I will be staying with them if they are going to be hassling you for things like this but don’t complain when you pay your bill on time. Does anyone have good experience with insurances out there? Thanks

Chris

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Caleb StovallCaleb Stovall
      Participant

Eerie insurance is my favorite.
        They are a smaller company and require all drivers to have a clean driving record but offer the lowest payments I’ve ever made on a vehicle by far.
        They also made it a breeze when I totalled my car under full coverage (I was at fault)
        They didn’t hassle me at all. They’re a smaller company though so they might not be available in your area :/

Chris OrozcoChris
        Participant

I will look for them. Geico reversed and seems to do alright now. Maybe it was luck of the draw but they are dragging their feet just a little bit. I guess they have a lot of people who do not know how to drive out there… no wonder insurance is required

JamesJames
          Participant

I use a similar small company called Sublimity insurance but they are only available to drivers who live in the northwest. I used to here state farm and farmers were good companies but dont know anymore.

Jason WhiteJason White
            Participant

Your driving record, your age, where you live, and what kind of coverage you require can really vary from person to person. You just have to shop and read the policies well, because the devil is in the details.

dosmastrdosmastr
              Participant

Allstate covered my at fault accident with 2 other cars, rates didnt rise because I had accident forgiveness, but they did deny my renewal because I had caused a loss. So catch 22 there a little bit. To be fair that was 8 years ago though.

I imagine what state you are in can make a difference as laws vary state to state and some companies may be a little more aggressive in protecting the bottom line, with those laws,than others.

Hope it works out for you. The tv said 97percent rate geico “fast and fair” for claims

Chris OrozcoChris
                Participant

[quote=”dosmastr” post=181319]Allstate covered my at fault accident with 2 other cars, rates didnt rise because I had accident forgiveness, but they did deny my renewal because I had caused a loss. So catch 22 there a little bit. To be fair that was 8 years ago though.

I imagine what state you are in can make a difference as laws vary state to state and some companies may be a little more aggressive in protecting the bottom line, with those laws,than others.

Hope it works out for you. The tv said 97percent rate geico “fast and fair” for claims[/quote]
                  Yes to update everyone, I think your readings of fast and fair was correct. The guy was on vacation and because this was a special case where it was my owned vehicle and it was the other driver’s rental vehicle that they had to get this special adjuster to deal with this stuff. He over quoted the damages in my opinion but I cant be angry with a good check worth higher than my car’s value. I live in Texas so the law works in the insurance company better. No big deal. I will fix the damages myself. The thing that frustrated me is that I could not do anything with the vehicle until the damages were inspected and it took them over a week. Again that was because the guy was on vacation and it was a special case. Now my car can be worked on now that I am back from vacation. I am under 25 so my rates are huge but hopefully in a year, I will get better prices. For now, I was overall satisfied with the service and will continue to use them.

Nicholas MitteerNicholas Mitteer
                  Participant

I use Progressive since they seem to be the cheapest for minimum coverage. And I always pay for a full six months in advance so I avoid interest charges. Never had a claim with them so I have no idea how good or bad they are.

Chris OrozcoChris
                    Participant

[quote=”metalnick” post=182331]I use Progressive since they seem to be the cheapest for minimum coverage. And I always pay for a full six months in advance so I avoid interest charges. Never had a claim with them so I have no idea how good or bad they are.[/quote]
                      That is funny I actually had a higher rate with them when I had them I think they have accident forgiveness too thought don’t they?

Jackson WilliamsJackson Williams
                      Participant

Hi Chris! I highly recommend you give Surex a try, I personally get my car insurance through them. It’s an insurance brokerage site that could help you get multiple quotes online from some of the leading auto insurance providers in just a matter of minutes. All of my transactions with them have been super smooth and convenient, it helps a lot that their insurance advisors are very accommodating as well and I really recommend them.

Peter JohnsonPeter Johnson
                        Participant

I use Progressive since they seem to be the cheapest for minimum coverage

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                        Loading…