Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Don’t bother me! Stress stops everything

Don’t bother me! Stress stops everything

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge General Discussion Don’t bother me! Stress stops everything

• Creator
    Topic
    JaneJane
    Participant

:stick: Money worries, annoying people, stupid people. This is where stress begins. Stress can make a mechanic make mistakes , throw things in frustration and say things where it was wise to say nothing at all.
      Customers who think parts grow on trees and are free, that your time and knowledge is worthless… Aaaargh!

Cure Stop and have a break from it all.

Have you had times when you just wanted to get away from work?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      college mancollege man

[quote=”Inverlass” post=115972]:stick: Money worries, annoying people, stupid people. This is where stress begins. Stress can make a mechanic make mistakes , throw things in frustration and say things where it was wise to say nothing at all.
        Customers who think parts grow on trees and are free, that your time and knowledge is worthless… Aaaargh!

Cure Stop and have a break from it all.

Have you had times when you just wanted to get away from work?[/quote]

I’m doing this as we speak. called in sick today for a mental day. 🙂

ErinErin
        Participant

A job is nothing more than something we do to get money.
          Just remember that each new day is a clean slate.

I have not worked in an auto shop in some time but yes I remember things well. People get stressed because their RIDE is messed up. When it is down, one is pretty much dead in the water. Then yeah to hear their repair bill is going to be more expensive than the wages of sin… It is bad enough for those of us who do our own car repairs. Imagine not having an inkling about how to replace an alternator and some shop is saying it is gonna cost $500 to fix that. Meanwhile, the person is without their car. The shop will get on it first thing tomorrow. Should be done by 6:00 PM…

But aside the car shops, one really drag deal is when someone does call in sick or tries to take some days off, bosses act like the sky is falling.

Dave OlsonDave
          Participant

I am working on making a video to go with this song but since the subject came up I will post a link to the song

A toyotakarlIts me

Yup, had those days when absolutely nothing was going right… Frustrating and it makes you wonder why you are doing what you are doing…

I take my mind off it with some exercise… Great for the good feeling endorphins to kick in and doesn’t slow ya down like drinking it away will… Of course there are other activities that release those endorphins that are more fun!

I find a change of mindset helps… When you start dreaming about your work and are “working” in your dreams and wake up tired, it is time to change what is predominately on your mind…

JMHO

-Karl

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Loading…