Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • DOOR LOCKS CLICKING ALL THE TIME (2004 Honda Pilot)

DOOR LOCKS CLICKING ALL THE TIME (2004 Honda Pilot)

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here DOOR LOCKS CLICKING ALL THE TIME (2004 Honda Pilot)

• Creator
    Topic
    Matthew FarnellMatthew Farnell
    Participant

So my door locks are acting up like crazy. Driving down the road, they will often just click over and over and over. Sometimes even when the car is parked, they will click. Sometimes when we lock our car, when we come back a couple hours later the doors are unlocked! A few years ago the remote keyless entry stopped working.

One thing to note is that when we use the auto lock buttons, usually all of the doors lock except the passenger door. This made me think it might be the passenger actuator. I replaced it, and that fixed the problem for a few months. However, the issue came back. I replaced the passenger actuator again, and this time it did not help.

Do you think it could be a different actuator? Or a body control module or something similar? How can I trouble shoot this and find the root cause? Should I replace all of the actuators and see if that helps? Thank you for any help.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Rahul JonesRahul Jones
      Participant

Do you think it could be the buttons which operate the locks? One way to diagnose it would be by disconnecting buttons on each side if not then the actuators one by one.

aaron SBaaron Stiles
        Participant

this could help

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Loading…