Menu

eMac issue

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge General Discussion eMac issue

• Creator
    Topic
    MatthewMatthew
    Participant

ON my apple eMac (PowerPC G4 1.5GB RAM 40GB apple hard drive upgraded with a PowerMac G5 SuperDrive and is the underclocked 1.25GHz model) i have a problem i cant fix the Numaric keypad on the keyboard wont work with the mac it is not the keybooard as i have tried others with same issue. the numlock key dont seem to serve a purpose on a mac when i type with the number pad i get no responce from the computer it acts as if the numlock is off pushing numlock button does nothing. how do i fix this?

I have 10.5.8 on it

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      SeanSean
      Participant

Uh? Eric the CAR guy?

And numlock has a light on it? Can you check if that key is broken?

Mac might not be compatible with that numeric pad. Find a mac keyboard? That should def work.

MatthewMatthew
        Participant

This may be EricTheCarGuy, BUT, This is also the forum for ANYTHING including topic that have nothing to do with automotive subjects.

Num lock LEDs do not work on Apple computers. I am using an OEM Apple Pro Keyboard. Its not the one for this model of a eMac but it IS a Apple Keyboard for the 700MHz and 800MHz eMac and iMac G4 computers. I reinstalled the OS and the numeric pad works fine.

SeanSean
          Participant

Ah I see, it is a Mac keyboard. Also: why not post this on a Macforum, that was my question.

Nice to see that fixed it.

Finally: PC all the way 😛

MatthewMatthew
            Participant

Technically a Mac IS A PC PC=Personal Computer a Mac IS a Personal Computer.

Second i have been banned on MacRumors. I use a Logitech Mac-Compatible (by mac compatible i mean apple specific keys like Command and Option) on my PowerMac. I never got a Mac keyboard with it but i do plan on getting one.

SeanSean
              Participant

Oh, that sucks that you are banned there. And PC generally implies Windows or Linux. Mac is the same components, but aren’t called PCs.

What kinda car you got? (not to derail, but want to know)

BillBill
                Participant

WoW DaCoder…You opened 2 cans of worms!

SeanSean
                  Participant

Guess I won’t ask then, :/

Sorry!

MatthewMatthew
                    Participant

@wysetech:

What you mean im confused?

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    Loading…