Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Engine Clicking noise, Just started today. (not a car)

Engine Clicking noise, Just started today. (not a car)

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Engine Clicking noise, Just started today. (not a car)

• Creator
    Topic
    Daniel FletcherDaniel Fletcher
    Participant

Hello there Technition do it your selfers and generally awsome people, This is not a car post but hoping since this eninge has oil pressure and hydrolic lifters it is almost like a carborated cars enigne only with less cylinders, I just recently purchased a used Craftsman riding mower, 20 HP kohler pro v twin engine, it is running perfect, starts half the time with no choak at all… when to start it earlier today to mow the lawn and it just started making this ticking sound at idle and full throttle… I mowed the lawn with my back up push mower don’t want to blow this engine… attached is a link to a video I took of the sound… I think it sound like one of the hydrolic lifters but I am not sure…

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5TUMxaqmDAqd19HRWZCa0VVZGM/view

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Andrew PhillipsAndrew Phillips
      Participant

These engines have a pretty common issue with collapsed lifters. I’ve heard you can get a kit for about $40 to fix it. You might want to call around to some local mower shops, especially those that service Kohler engines, to see if they concur.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Loading…