Menu

Engine Idles Rough in Gear

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Engine Idles Rough in Gear

• Creator
    Topic
    MichaelMichael
    Participant

Well its been some time since ive been here on the Forums. But the Problem ive been having with my car. Is that it idles perfectly smooth in Park And Reverse And Neutral. But soon as you put in Drive and all the other gears. It idles really rough. I have replaced Spark plugs Pcv Valve and hose. Found those where broken along with Transmission filter and ATF fluid. (Used HG Dw-1) and radiator with coolant and bleed the system out. I even replaced the rear A/F Ratio sensor had code for that. The only things that i can think of is rear engine mount replacement and another ATF fluid change. Noticed some improvement with that. But only alittle.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      fredfred
      Participant

Had same problem with Nissan sentra. Mine was also jerking hard when put in forward or reverse. Plus it made strange noise on rough roads. I changed out the rear bottom motor mount AKA(torque Rod). Completely fixed it. Almost like having new car. Second one I have put in in 12 years.

MichaelMichael
        Participant

It could be just the mounts i replaced all except the rear. Only things i can think of is to replace the rear mount. And do another ATF fluid change. And see if makes improvement. Ive beem told as well to see if the mounts hold vacuum.

MichaelMichael
          Participant

After doing those things I probably look into getting the Timing Belt Replacement. Sine its never been done car has 153,000 miles.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Loading…